friday when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,359
    team47b wrote:
    Mix cement, throw it on the wall, smooth it out a bit, mix more cement, have hypo, eat sandwich, throw cement, smooth it out a bit, have hypo, eat cement, throw sandwich at wall, smooth it out a bit, more cement applied to cover newly discovered lumpy bit which looks like peanut butter, mix cement etc

That about covers Friday :D

:D Style; never goes out of... style.

Get in taxi. Sit in queue. Have eye test. Sit in queue. Anaesthetic in eye. Shone bright light in eye. Shone blue light in eye.
    Get put in coloured dye in eye. Get shone in eye. Get blue light on eye. Get cotton wool bud put in eye. Got cotton wool bud to lift up eyelid. Anaesthetic in other eye. Shone bright light in other eye. Shone blue light in other eye.
    Get put in coloured dye in other eye. Get shone in other eye. Get blue light on other eye. Eat free pancake and tea at the Macmillan drop in centre whilst being very cheeky to brethren. (Cheek did not go down well). Wander in to town. Get more stuff for eye's. Get bus home. Play Lego with shorty. Cook, clean, wash up and put dodgy wotsists to bed. What a wonderful day.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Swear to god, I'll never complain again.

Does this mean you won't be able to ride that C40 for a while...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Garry H wrote:

Ride it, yes, see where he's going, no :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Picked daughter up from apooointment then met the Mrs at about 4 and had a pint or TEA. This was followed by another couple of pints. Don't normally drink tea in pints but this one did come from the Hogs Back brewery. Just woke up again having fallen asleep on the couch a while ago.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,359
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Ride it, yes, see where he's going, no :D

I can tell you been on the juice.

Indoor pedalling on the rollers. Meh. However, i'm going to put a poster on the wall of Alpe D'huez in front of me and strap a hari dryer to the handlebars for a proper uphill bash against a proper Sirocco. Or... for effect (and including the hair dryer :D ) - a picture of Anneka Rice's ass.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I forgot how shoot the A1 is on a Friday - total journey time 6hrs 15mins. Had to crank up the stereo to help pass the time.

Back home now for a normal weekend and no long journeys till Tuesday. TF.

What was his favourite tipple?
    Used to be beer but moved onto Bailey's or Sherry. In the last few years he pretty much gave up drink altogether.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Hmm, that's not the answer I was hoping for. Anyway, here's tae us...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm just having a Ricard.

Chin chin.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Two boiled eggs in a hankerchief.

I need to buy Ricard
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ricard rocks. Pernod is for amateurs. Pastis a close second imo.

I remember being on a training weekend with a friend of mine in France: hissing down, freezing cold on a Saturday afternoon, we pulled into a bar in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere to be greeted by 7 local lads smashed off their faces on Ricard and water. Nicest, funniest blokes I'd met in ages.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Ricard rocks. Pernod is for amateurs. Pastis a close second imo.

I remember being on a training weekend with a friend of mine in France: hissing down, freezing cold on a Saturday afternoon, we pulled into a bar in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere to be greeted by 7 local lads smashed off their faces on Ricard and water. Nicest, funniest blokes I'd met in ages.

That's the kinda story I like. Impromptu meetings with some local wasters in a bar. Used to happen to me all the time. Last time was in a cafe place in St. Malo with some Bretagne nationalist types. They were amazed that I spoke welsh. Gave me a Bretagne flag and everything. Mind you, can't remember their names or anything.