any Zwift start up and set advice please

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
Hi all, Im starting an injury recovery phase so will have the opportunity to ride on a supported trainer, not rollers, indoors for at least the next 4 weeks. The set up Ive cobbled together consists of an Elite mag volare turbo (supported on zwift), ant + speed sensor, plan to use either my 29er mtb or a 26er to give me higher hold pos on the bars and less to reach for when changing gears than my road bike would give. Computer is an Imac. I appreciate the set up I have is basic. Any advise on this working or not would be welcome. Would there be an issue with using different tyre sizes ie 29 or 26 as opposed to the standard road 700c?
thanks
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Turbo
    29er wheel circ is the same as road wheel - but the tyres make it much bigger - you could either swap out a wheel for a road wheel or swap a road tyre on if the 29er tyre doesn't fit - I guess the 29er is knobbly? not ideal for a turbo.

iMac computer - there are loads of versions of those - is it new enough to run Zwift? my Macbook pro (2009) isn't - but I run BKool instead ( you don't need their trainer) - which runs well on the lower graphics settings.
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    thanks, just looked at mac its OS 10 11.6 2009 (theres alot to this Zwift game isnt there!). Ref the rear wheel I've got a 28mm road tyre ill try that.
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • Even if your PC/Mac is below the Zwift minimum spec it may still work. The graphics may be super basic and you could see single digit frame rates, but it'll give you an idea of whether Zwift is for you. Can also run on an iPad or iPhone and soon to be on Apple TV (currently beta).