Sportful total comfort bibs vs bodyfit pro and classic

neilkav1
neilkav1 Posts: 91
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I have the Sportful Total Comfort bibs which are supremely comfortable on long rides -18mm total comfort pad.

Need another pair as mileage increasing, wife can't wash quick enough :mrgreen:

These shorts are very rarely discounted and are around £115 online - just checking I can get the bodyfit pro with shallower TC pad for same price roughly, no point then, but bodyfit pro classic with bodyfit pro pad I can get for £60.

Does anyone have personal experience of both pads is there a big difference in comfort on long rides, I am assuming so and happy to spend the money on total comforts again, but if the difference is really negligible.......

Really cannot fault TC just wanted to check before I buy, thanks.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    The bodyfit pro pad is a bit less sophisticated than the total comfort pads but it's still nice. I've never noticed it to be significantly less comfortable.

Most of the online retailers seem to do 20% off promotions on Sportful and Castelli on a fairly regular basis so worth keeping a look out for the next one of those to come round.
  • neilkav1
    Cheers thanks
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    I have the TC pro pad in both the classics and R&D shorts and find it perfect.
    I also have some total comforts with the thicker TC pad and find these too bulky.
    The bodyfit pad is completely different and although quite comfy is not a patch on the total comfort pad.
    You may find the TC pro a bit thin, if you go by my experience.
  • Bodyfit pad isn't anywhere near as good as any version of the TC pad for long days. I'd save up and buy another pair of TC bib shorts, they'll likely last a lot longer anyway with that excellent abrasion resistant material on the seat. Comfy straps as well.
  • neilkav1
    Thanks guys, thought that would be the conclusion!
  • I have the R&D Shorts, very comfortable, and quite often discounted, to be fair, normally approaching winter, bit too long to wait.