Fulcrum Red Power HP wheels

dulwichiron
dulwichiron Posts: 86
edited April 2017 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone got any experience with Fulcrum Red Power HP wheels that Chain reaction are selling off cheap? I know they are not tubeless ready but should be easily converted but is there anything else wrong with them?

They look to be pretty cheap and would knock off a significant amount of weight from my stock wheels. With the British cycling discount would be £112

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fulc ... prod158832

If no good, any cheap alternatives out there?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My son has the older Red Metal 5, bought used, been 100% reliable.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I have some Red Metal 5s as well, now about 5 or 6 years old, ridden quite hard on a FS bike. Snapped one spoke, faffed around looking for a replacement - all stupid prices. Used a Sapim CX Ray which cost a pound or two, been perfect otherwise.
    Fulcrum (Part of Campagnola I think) parts are expensive though if you need them, but I think I paid about £85 new for the set, so effectively happy I've had more than my money's worth.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I have some campag wheels on the road bike and they've been pretty bomb proof so hopefully these'll be the same if I buy them.