New Wheels

p8ence
p8ence Posts: 4
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Currently I have RS10 wheels on my bike and really need more performing wheels. So I got the Giant 50mm P-SLR1 wheels but what a pain to change the tubes and getting the tyre on straight.

So need something performance wise with good rolling resistance and not too expensive. Was tossing up between the cosmic, fulcrum racing 3 or the mavic ksyrium??

Any advice or something else?

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    You won't go far wrong with the fulcrum racing 3,s, good all round wheels
  • good all round wheels

Sounds good
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    p8ence wrote:
    Hi,

Currently I have RS10 wheels on my bike and really need more performing wheels. So I got the Giant 50mm P-SLR1 wheels but what a pain to change the tubes and getting the tyre on straight.

Try different tyres. Some tyre/rim combos don't work particularly well. But that's hardly a reason to go changing the entire wheelset. Changing tyres would make a lot more sense, not to mention being cheaper.
    p8ence wrote:
    So need something performance wise with good rolling resistance and not too expensive. Was tossing up between the cosmic, fulcrum racing 3 or the mavic ksyrium??

Tyres have rolling resistance - wheels don't.
  • p8ence
    Thanks for ur replies.
    I picked up a set of Fulcrum 2.5 wheels, apparently these are on the Fulcrum 3 technology. Got me cheap as 200 AU. Went for a ride about 60k on them and they perform really well. Faster than the P-SLR rims. However I'm trying to find out info on them and can not find anything. Anyone know anything about these wheels? They are supposed to be tubeless but I can't confirm.

Thanks
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Why don't you just run the Giant's tubeless?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • p8ence
    Sold em for double I paid and they looked proxy on a cannondale. :)