Good betting sites for Cycling

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited April 2017 in Pro race
Am a touch disappointed... calling out a cycle race is a damn hard thing to do.. so many things can go wrong racing.
I get Kwia placed yesterday... I dont bet big but a £2.50 return was quite stingy imo.. thats Skybet.. 8 to 1 wasnt exactly generous either. It was a £5 ew bet.
Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Circus Sport (Wanty co sponsors) were offering free 100 euros bets at Amstel on Wanty placings and do betting

https://www.circus.be/en/help/cycling
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    There isn't usually a great deal of difference in bookmakers prices, they don't give money away. I don't know if there is cycling betting on Betfair, but it's often the best odds for outside bets, and you can bet on a place only rather than ew.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    If you want to compare prices then www.oddschecker.com is the place to visit.

I find the biggest problem is that bookies restrict how much you can bet to quite small amounts.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mccrear
    Mccrear Posts: 256
    biggest problem is they dont know the market, nor care, so they just keep odds fairly low across the piece. bet fair is prob best bet as it has fluctuating/adjusting odds. overall its not great, but usually decent early odds in grand tours until they release how you win the jerseys and why stage wins aren't the same as leading in the jersey comps.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I am still breaking even / or slightly in profit .. Henao's 4th place was a save... but I had to contact Sky to get it honoured.
    Got a £5 free bet as addditional.
    A look at BetFair but a quick look shows only Outrights with EW - (just 3 places when Sky pays to 4 ) for the LBL...
    To top it all I messed up my betting slip and ended up with GVA for Sunday at e/w 25/1 so thus endeth my 'on a roll'.
    The fun stops...............
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,486
    I get the feeling there's some spam on its way
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    RichN95. said:

If you want to compare prices then www.oddschecker.com is the place to visit.

I find the biggest problem is that bookies restrict how much you can bet to quite small amounts.

2 fold problem.

1) cycling betting markets are really thin.

2) betting companies quite quickly stop out betters or dramatically limit those who perform well.

I think you're a victim of #2
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,514
    or he was 6 years ago...
  • RichN95.

2 fold problem.

1) cycling betting markets are really thin.

2) betting companies quite quickly stop out betters or dramatically limit those who perform well.

I think you're a victim of #2

Ha! Six years later... Since then I've changed job to working in car insurance pricing, which isn't that different. I would say it's mostly 1. There's no such thing as a bad risk, just bad pricing.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,131
    When you have a bet in horse racing you know that every horse, is supposedly in it to win, or run as best it can.....(not schooling in public, which of course never happens...... ;) ).

Not quite the same in road cycling......if you've had a bet on WvA to win and Laporte is away in a break, there are no rules enforcing Wout to try to win/ achieve his best position.....
    They should do what they do in France where horses in the same ownership are 'coupled'; classed as a 'team' for betting purposes.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95.
    I was on my Paddy Power just now - getting on my National picks. I also looked at Amstel and did a tenner on my PTP pick e/w then looked at Matthews at 22/1 and thought if Pog just rides away it may come to a sprint for 2nd. They only let me bet £3.40 e/w maximum - £7.80 total. I have no great track record on betting.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    RichN95. said:

I was on my Paddy Power just now - getting on my National picks. I also looked at Amstel and did a tenner on my PTP pick e/w then looked at Matthews at 22/1 and thought if Pog just rides away it may come to a sprint for 2nd. They only let me bet £3.40 e/w maximum - £7.80 total. I have no great track record on betting.

Not particularly good odds when you factor in that Matthews is not in the announced Jayco team.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • RichN95.
    DeadCalm said:

RichN95. said:

Not particularly good odds when you factor in that Matthews is not in the announced Jayco team.
    Is he not? I'll get my money back then if he's a non-runner