Stock Hollowgram wheels on 2017 Supersix Hi Mod, any good?

Timmyepp
Timmyepp Posts: 48
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
I haven't been able to find any reviews on these carbon wheels, they come on some of the 2017 Supersix Hi-mod bikes. Are they any good? I am specifically looking at the rim brake version.

Comments

• Timmyepp
    Nobody have any experience with these?
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Why not change the thread title to something like "Stock wheels on Supersix Hi Mod, any good"?
  • Timmyepp
    Good idea, will do
  • I've ridden them, and found them quite nice for a clincher. Smooth, stable and not harsh, stiff or skittish like some other carbon wheels. My other wheels are ENVE tubulars both classics and SES. Others I would consider at this price would be Reynolds Attack. Ive also got some Light-Bicycle tubeless 25mm U-shape and would recommend those for £200, and some other Farsports 1100g 23mm wide, 38mm deep tubulars, again for £200.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Timmyepp
    I've ridden them, and found them quite nice for a clincher. Smooth, stable and not harsh, stiff or skittish like some other carbon wheels. My other wheels are ENVE tubulars both classics and SES. Others I would consider at this price would be Reynolds Attack. Ive also got some Light-Bicycle tubeless 25mm U-shape and would recommend those for £200, and some other Farsports 1100g 23mm wide, 38mm deep tubulars, again for £200.

Would you consider these wheels an upgrade over Mavic Kysrium Elites? I typically do quite a bit of climbing mixed in with long flat rides
  • Timmyepp wrote:
    I've ridden them, and found them quite nice for a clincher. Smooth, stable and not harsh, stiff or skittish like some other carbon wheels. My other wheels are ENVE tubulars both classics and SES. Others I would consider at this price would be Reynolds Attack. Ive also got some Light-Bicycle tubeless 25mm U-shape and would recommend those for £200, and some other Farsports 1100g 23mm wide, 38mm deep tubulars, again for £200.

Would you consider these wheels an upgrade over Mavic Kysrium Elites? I typically do quite a bit of climbing mixed in with long flat rides

Probably, in the recent past I've had Mavic R-sys SLRs which were stiff to the point of being harsh and skittish, so I much prefer a carbon wheel feel.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • alh14
    alh14 Posts: 62
    I've been looking at the disc version of these.

http://www.cannondalespares.com/Cannond ... il/3-42972

They sound nice and light and the rim is marked with Stans no tubes, so are tubeless ready. Imho they would be an upgrade over the krysium' for sure.