First ride with a club

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
After 30 yrs solo, or with a mate I finally bit the bullet and went out with a club last Sun
Musselburgh RCC.

Offyah

What a difference. Did a decent distance at a bloody good pace and felt totally fine. Why the hell didn`t I do it years ago ? lol

Will be out with them again as I see this as the only way to keep my numbers up re speed and distance.

I really should have done this 30 yrs ago instead of buggering about on a bike mesell.
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Worrying isn't it.

Not only do I ride with a club but I really enjoy the company and I'm not known for being a social person and another draw dropping fact I actually wear club kit as well. If you'd have suggested that three years ago I'd have laughed out loud and said no way.

WTF?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    I'm still wary of going on a club ride. Mainly because they start at 8:30 on a Sunday.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Thick Mike wrote:
    I'm still wary of going on a club ride. Mainly because they start at 8:30 on a Sunday.

Don't let that define you. :D

Join the club and start a booze cruise ride. Start at 2pm on a Sunday and hammer round for a few hours and finish in the pub. :twisted: just don't let it get out of hand and spend more time supping than cycling.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Thick Mike wrote:

I've usually been out on the road for at least an hour by then. I love early Sundays with no traffic.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Thick Mike wrote:

I've usually been out on the road for at least an hour by then. I love early Sundays with no traffic.

Me too. I'm a member of a club but rarely do their club rides because their 9am starts is just too late for me.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Thick Mike wrote:

Me too. I'm a member of a club but rarely do their club rides because their 9am starts is just too late for me.

Agreed. Club rides get far too much harassment from other road users to make it worthwhile these days. Would much rather be out and back by 10/11am.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    I've thought about finding a club but really I'd rather just have a couple mates who liked to ride.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Thick Mike wrote:

Ours has an 8am Sunday ride but I've never been because it's too early for me...
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    imafatman wrote:
    I've thought about finding a club but really I'd rather just have a couple mates who liked to ride.

Well, a cycling club is a good place to start because it is frequented by people who like to ride. Some of them can even become your mates over time.