What do you think this frame is worth?

Richard Hanson
Richard Hanson Posts: 13
edited April 2017 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to buy a new rockhopper at some point, I'm thinking my old frame might fetch some pennies.

It's the 2013 rockhopper comp, black.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... -13-47100/

Any ideas

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Half a cold pizza and a partially sucked Haribo.

Per rule 16.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Not all that helpful mate
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    As a frame not a lot, even if you had a load of secondhand parts in the shed to build it up.

You could buy the whole bike for about £200-250.

The problem is it's a low end bike so there are lots of them about secondhand, people buy them, run them around for a year or two then leave them sitting in the shed as they don't have a lot of value.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    As a frame not a lot, even if you had a load of secondhand parts in the shed to build it up.

You could buy the whole bike for about £200-250.

The problem is it's a low end bike so there are lots of them about secondhand, people buy them, run them around for a year or two then leave them sitting in the shed as they don't have a lot of value.

I was worried this might be the case. Oh and I should add it is xl, not sure if that niche size works more or less in my favour
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not all that helpful mate
    I wasn't trying to be.

viewtopic.php?f=40034&t=12846748&p=17546828#p17546828
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Not all that helpful mate
    I wasn't trying to be.

viewtopic.php?f=40034&t=12846748&p=17546828#p17546828

Ah balls. Alright
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not a lot is the simple answer, it's not much better than a Carrera frame from Halfords, the simple answer on an auction is one bid higher than the second highest bidder but anything more than £50 and I wouldn't bother, it's not like decent hardtail frames are hard to find.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.