Colnago C60

siddy1972
siddy1972 Posts: 180
edited April 2017 in Your road bikes
Hi all,
Here's some shots of my Colnago C60, I think it's worked out great. spec as follows:

C60 Frame - in PLBK
Groupset - Dura Ace 9000 series (with Ultegra Cassette), I just prefer it to the 9100 series from an aesthetics point of view. I know the accepted norm is to use Campy SR with these builds, but I really don't like the ergonomics of campy, in particular, the thumb shifter.
Wheels are Ritchey Apex 2 60 mm clinchers with challenge tyres.
Stem is 3T Team stealth and bars are 3T Ergonova Stealth 42cm.
Saddle is Fizik Antares.
all up weight with pedals, K-Edge garmin mount and cages is 7.16kg, so not too shabby given the hefty-ish wheels.
Hope you like it as much as I do :-)

DSC_0144_zpssqbbi055.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsjlpmwflw.jpg

DSC_0150_zpszdyalmoi.jpg

DSC_0146_zpsu89j1brs.jpg

Comments

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    That's a nice bike mate. Jealous.
  • Love Shimano on a Colnago. Wel dun
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Sweet and thanks for sharing.

Enjoy in good health!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    There's something very special with Italian bikes, especially the C60
    Lovely looking bike
  • Awesome looking bike mate and very light.
  • Yep! Looks lovely.
    Like the Italian colours on the spacers;nice touch that.
    Enjoy. :)
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Looks great - fabulous bikes, both to look at and to ride.

I love mine so much I'm debating buying a second one. (PLWH colour)

Where did you get the headset spacers ?
  • siddy1972
    Thanks for the kind comments. The PLWH was the other one I considered, the PLLB looks great too I think.
    Was a little unsure on the sizing, still wonder if a 54S with less spacers would've been better, but this feels so good.
    The spacers were from eBay, search for 'vocal headset spacers'. I got the 2.5mm, as they don't have the silly logo on.
  • That is a very lovely looking thing :)
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    siddy1972 wrote:
    Thanks for the kind comments. The PLWH was the other one I considered, the PLLB looks great too I think.
    Was a little unsure on the sizing, still wonder if a 54S with less spacers would've been better, but this feels so good.
    The spacers were from eBay, search for 'vocal headset spacers'. I got the 2.5mm, as they don't have the silly logo on.

I had exactly the same quandary between 50s and 52s, went for the 50 in the end as it felt better.

Thanks for the spacer info
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    siddy1972 wrote:

I think it looks great just the way it is, particularly with the "Italian" spacers. Nice touch that. The current fad of slamming the stem will pass by like most fads do but your Colnago will still be a thing of beauty decades down the line.
  • thorny88
    thorny88 Posts: 34
    Stunning!
  • look565wong
    look565wong Posts: 301
    Beautiful looking C60 you have build yourself there, Siddy72!

I'm a Campagnolo user, but Colnago C series looks good regardless of groupsets (except for SRAM :-) that is) apologies SRAM users, don't mean to cause offence, IMO SRAM can look great with other frame-sets, but just not the C series!

Like others have said, nice wee touch with the tricolour spacers, however please align the headset cap (under underneath the spacers) so the "Colnago" logo faces the right way (the front) - I keep staring at that, sorry can't help it! It has to be done right :-0
    That should do the trick :-)

Thanks for sharing your ride

Cheers
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    I love the OCD most owners have, both for their own and total strangers bikes.

However I'm not saying you're wrong;-)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stunning bike.
  • Shortfall wrote:
    siddy1972 wrote:
    The current fad of slamming the stem will pass by like most fads do

Slamming stems is not a "fad"

What are the little nubbins on/ between your brake/ shift cables? Are they just "spacers", of some kind?
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    My old C60 upgraded with V3 Eps this week...

https://imgur.com/a/BhRw9
  • siddy1972
    The headset cap is now straight- I did put in on straight in first place - honest- it worked its way round on a ride :-)
    Yes, the little cable thingys are spacers, stops the cables rattling together...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Bike envy, very very nice, as said the little things like those spacers really set it off. Only thing wrong with it, is its not mine!
  • grant2307
    grant2307 Posts: 135
    Very nice bike you have there
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Very nice bike indeed.
    One day I shall treat myself. (have to tidy up the garage first - it deserves to live in a palace)
  • That's the bIke I wish I could afford...instead I made my CLX look like one.... :D
    33697575106_225e19fea1_o_d.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That's the bIke I wish I could afford...instead I made my CLX look like one.... :D
    33697575106_225e19fea1_o_d.jpg

Are you handlebars higher than your seat that's pointing upwards?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think it's a funny angle it's been taken at ?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cougie wrote:
    I think it's a funny angle it's been taken at ?

Stem is pointing upwards and so are the bars (check out the flats of the drops: they aren't level).

Each to their own re comfort/ergonomics etc) though.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • It's the angle it's been taken at.
    The bars are level and the tops flat, although the stem is flipped not slammed, as I have a bad back (hence me selling the bike in the For Sale section)
    The saddle is slightly pointed up as that is how I prefer to ride.
    Funny how my post commenting on how gorgeous someone else's bike is, turns into an apparent Pro critique of my bike ....#theresalwaysone :roll:
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Funny how my post commenting on how gorgeous someone else's bike is, turns into an apparent Pro critique of my bike ....#theresalwaysone :roll:

If you post the pic - you gotta expect some critique.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Especially if you try to make it look like something else...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Garry H wrote:
    Especially if you try to make it look like something else...

And badly. It might as well be a Specialized Allez with that paintjob, as it would have as much in common with a C60, it plainly is not anything like one.

Whatever makes him happy though, nothing wrong with doing things that make you happy (with a million exceptions obviously).