Cheap aero helmets

jude2001
jude2001 Posts: 53
edited April 2017 in Road general
Are there any cheap aero helmets out there? The cheaper the better! (under £100)

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Jude2001 wrote:
    Are there any cheap aero helmets out there? The cheaper the better! (under £100)

There was a thread on the only a week or two ago. Do a quick search
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Jude2001 wrote:

There was a thread on the only a week or two ago. Do a quick search

yep, i asked the same question.
    Thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13078364

OP i kept the MET Rivale in the end.
    The Protone looked amazing but it was obvious when i tried it on that it wasn't for the shape of my head.

I have used the Rivale over the last week and really pleased with it. It's definitely not as aero as my old Giro Synthe, but is much more comfortable to wear.
  • jude2001
    Saw the thread and I just bought the specialized airnet :D looks cool! 26 seconds faster than the prevail and the prevail is faster than the synthe :wink:
  • Jude2001 wrote:

Whats so cheap about £100?

Any cheap cars out there? Under £100,000.
  • jude2001
    Jude2001 wrote:

Whats so cheap about £100?

Any cheap cars out there? Under £100,000.
    The majority of aero helmets are over £100, so in comparison to the Giro Synthe, the Met Rivale is 'cheap' for being an aero helmet. Notice how I said "cheap aero helmets" instead of saying 'cheap helmets' which would be a different story because the majority of 'regular' helmets and under £100. If you were to ask about cheap supercars, they would be expensive compared to a regular car but still cheap in the category of a supercar. It's all relative.
    58585 Posts: 207
    Serious question for the poster - what do you mean by "aero"?
    Anything that says "aero" on the advert or how many W do you want to save? ;-)
  • jude2001
    58585 wrote:
    Serious question for the poster - what do you mean by "aero"?
    Anything that says "aero" on the advert or how many W do you want to save? ;-)
    anything that says "aero" but I would have then looked into the watts saved. Bought the Specialized Airnet now which will save me watts!