Friday, good. You want to play mind-crazed banjo On the druggy-drag ragtime U.S.A.?

2»

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Just sorting myself some lunch then off to the hospital again shortly.

Hope is goes OK as possible. My 40th or 50th day or more in hospital this year.
    I'll never match that. Hope you/family are OK.

120 nights with Charlie - hope not to match that with Eve though it looks likely she'll need the bone marrow transplant so I might yet.

I don't envy your situation though - not a situation in which any of us want to find ourselves. Good luck with that.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not so much not flushing as theres a partial blockage.

Sounds like you needed to pull on your pink Marigolds and get stuck in mate. Wuss.

There was a news item I think on Tuesday. They have developed a technique of removing a blood clot in the brain following a stroke and the results are amazing. They see results on the operating table! One guy had a stroke and was off on holiday 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, it's in it's infancy, hasn't been rolled out across the country and the clot has to be removed within 6 hours of the stroke.
    Tried putting my hands down - blockage must be further down as the upstair bog is also up the spout.

No chance of that technique being any use as he probably spent most of the night on the bedroom floor before my old dear woke up and raised the alarm. That and he's 91. The talk with the consultant this afternoon was pretty clear on his chances. I had 5 hours to think about that in the car. It may end up being my call as I have power of attorney - the hardest choice I will ever have to make if it comes to that.

I need a drink.

I had to authorise the DNR for my mother. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.
    They said that she would have to come off the morphine temporarily if her heart stopped and that if she came round, she would be in severe discomfort and be totally bewildered and that the best thing was to let her go.
    In moments like that, you have to rule the self out completely.
    Whilst there was always a part of me that wanted to have that last conversation, there was a seemingly selfish aspect to that.

Mum had her stroke last june, straight onto a DNR, was consulted as to the rights and wrongs but went with Doc's opinion, its tough but the guys on the stroke ward were very compassionate and tbh seeing my mum in the state she was in, you hope it wont carry on and it didnt, ex nurse and refused all food, then all drink, she knew what she wanted and how to get it.
    a friends mum had a similar stroke and lasted 6 years, i cant think of anything worse.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    mamba80 wrote:
    Mum had her stroke last june, straight onto a DNR, was consulted as to the rights and wrongs but went with Doc's opinion, its tough but the guys on the stroke ward were very compassionate and tbh seeing my mum in the state she was in, you hope it wont carry on and it didnt, ex nurse and refused all food, then all drink, she knew what she wanted and how to get it.
    a friends mum had a similar stroke and lasted 6 years, i cant think of anything worse.
    Nail. Head.

Sorry for your loss mamba.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    mamba80 wrote:
    Nail. Head.

Sorry for your loss mamba.

thanks Bud.

Hope it all works out as well as it possibly can for you and your family, tough times no doubt.