edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
A few questions:

- Is CAAD 10 a bike to last many years? It is in impeccable condition
- Is it worth £460? Full ultegra

Looking for starter bike

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    If the condition is as you describe, then yes, most definitely. Buy it, buy it now! (With the usual provisos regarding fit, and so on)

What size is it?
  • 51cm so near perfect for me at 172cm... Will go test it out tomorrow and hopefully, the bike search ends.
  • Garry H
    No, it's not the bike for you. Pass me the guy's number, I just need to check something with him :wink:
  • phospho123 wrote:
    51cm so near perfect for me at 172cm... Will go test it out tomorrow and hopefully, the bike search ends.

Are you sure its a 51?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Good point well spotted. Aren't they 50, 52, 54 etc
  • phospho123 wrote:
    51cm so near perfect for me at 172cm... Will go test it out tomorrow and hopefully, the bike search ends.

Are you sure its a 51?
    sorry was going off memory, it's a 52, thought to be honest both 50/52 I think will be fine.
  • Garry H
    You'll be fine on either. Just buy it then post a picture on here. If it doesn't work out, can I have first dibs?
  • Garry H wrote:
    You'll be fine on either. Just buy it then post a picture on here. If it doesn't work out, can I have first dibs?
    Sure.

It's a friend of a friend, will pass you his no. if it doesn't work out.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I wouldnt describe CAAD10s as starter bikes however.
    I have raced mine for 4 seasons now and there is still no actual compelling reason to change it.
    That price is an absolute bargain if it is in the condition you describe.
  • phospho123 wrote:
    thought to be honest both 50/52 I think will be fine.

Two completely different rides potentially
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Decided not to go for it, was a little cramped for me if I'm honest (it was a 50cm afterall). The guy was hesitant to sell it anyway.

Picked up a Cube Pelton with full shimano 105 for £250 instead. Hope this price was OK