COMPOSITE AERO FRAME OR FULL CARBON ENDURANCE FRAME

jacobpeacock
jacobpeacock Posts: 66
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hello fellow road bike enthusiasts.I would just like to know whats a better option, A giant propel slr2 (composite frame.not carbon) Or a ridley fenix c30 2015 full carbon endurance frame. the Giant is aero and the ridley is for endurance and they cost the same price 40,000php.I will be doing some triathlons but having a non aero bike does not bother me at all. whatdo you think is more worth it for the money and what will retain its value more.

on the side note, i will be using 35 mm wheels and might add aero bars. cheers :D

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'd probably choose the Giant for the kind of riding you describe. A quality alu frame can be every bit as good as a carbon one.

Composite = Carbon. When Giant says the fork is composite they mean carbon composite.
  • thanks for clarifying. although im still not decided whether to go with a ridley or a giant. im kinda more attracted to the ridley but i just want other opinions.cheers! :D

i also feel like the ridley is more high quality but im not sure.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Ridleys are a lot rarer than Giants that's for sure, and they do have an avid following. Are you able to test ride both? Are they both available in a range of sizes? At the end of the day you need a bike that's the correct size for you, rather than one the bike shop just happens to have in stock and is trying to shift. And if you are dropping a bundle of cash, you'll want it to be a bike you like the look of, so if they both fit and you feel similarly comfortable on both, get the Ridley if you prefer it's looks.

Hard to buy a bad bike in that kind of price bracket.
  • If you're wanting to do triathlons go with the giant. Even though the aero bike might not make a bit of a difference to you currently, in a tri setting it will.
    Go with the Ridley if you want an all around bike.
  • thank you for your opinions :D
    i might get the ridley frame though and add clip on aero bars since i wont always do triathlons and im more of a bike guy :D