Campag Khamsin - Warranty

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited April 2017 in Road general
On the way to work this morning the freehub on my Khamsin's started acting up. Basically locking up when free-wheeling.

Because I'm at work I'm unable to inspect what is wrong, but have heard in the past of the freehubs on these wheels cracking and because of the weird noises I've been hearing recently (whIch I was assuming to come from BB30) and experience of freehub bearing problems in the past I think that could be the case here too.

I've contacted Planet X this morning, where I bought them from, simply because I bought the wheels a year ago to the day. I thought if I left it till I inspected the wheels and contacted them tonight/tomorrow they might have tried the out of warranty by a day card.

Annoyingly, the wheels have only been used sparingly and have only covered just shy of 1700 miles in 12 months.

Their initial response after telling them of a freehub problem was "the bearings are only covered for 6 months". Just wondering where I stand on warranty - what should be covered and what I can expect?

Trying to get tooled up in case of a fight...

Comments

• dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Crisis avoided. Turns out the pawl spring has snapped.