Cleat pedals - upgrade and if so which?

Mrsinlondon
Mrsinlondon Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hello all. I have recently started cycling with cleats and have inherited some Look Delta cleats. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to upgrade to newer cleats and if so which are good for beginners?

Comments

• alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    Hello all. I have recently started cycling with cleats and have inherited some Look Delta cleats. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to upgrade to newer cleats and if so which are good for beginners?

I suggest you get used to riding clipped in to start with, you will fail to unclip and fall over (we all have) so concentrate on that for now.
    All cleat/pedal systems do the same job basically, the major difference is in the cleat float. The amount of rotational movement of your foot on the pedal.
    Try what you have for now and look into float options for Look deltas, if you have any knee pain change to a different float (normally 0/3/6 degrees).
  • Hello all. I have recently started cycling with cleats and have inherited some Look Delta cleats. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to upgrade to newer cleats and if so which are good for beginners?

I suggest you get used to riding clipped in to start with, you will fail to unclip and fall over (we all have) so concentrate on that for now.
    All cleat/pedal systems do the same job basically, the major difference is in the cleat float. The amount of rotational movement of your foot on the pedal.
    Try what you have for now and look into float options for Look deltas, if you have any knee pain change to a different float (normally 0/3/6 degrees).

Thank you. Mine have 9 degrees I believe. Will stick with mine for now then.