CAAD 8

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Trying to find a Cannondale CAAD 8 - ideally Claris or Sora - and I'm struggling to find one.

Tried the bigger Cannondale retailers like Evans and Tredz but even using google hardly anywhere has them in Claris, Sora or even Tiagra. Have seen some @ Pauls Cycles with Sora, but unavailable on Cyclescheme.

Are they being replaced/phased out?

Comments

• dinyull
    Yeah, I've seen those cheers. But only available in 1 size each, and none of which I'm after.

Seems strange that there are hardly any out there, you'd think it'd be a really popular bike?!
  • Caad 8 has been replaced by the caad optimo
  • Unamed2.0
    Unamed2.0 Posts: 41
    I think the CAAD8 has been discontinued in favour of the "Optimo", which apparently shares the same geometry as the CAAD12 but just uses lower quality aluminium (or something like that). So the Optimo will be a racier fit than the CAAD8.

Shame really, as I thought the CAAD8 was a great bike.
  • dinyull
    Oh well, that would explain it.

Annoyingly the Optimo only seems to come with disc brakes and starts at a grand.
  • The Claris and Sora builds of the optimo come with calipers.
  • dinyull
    Annoyingly it would seem that only the disc brake version is available in the UK for now.

Still, this might force me to build the spare frame I have in the garage and save some £'s.