New here!

Jedik46
Jedik46 Posts: 4
edited April 2017 in MTB beginners
Hey!! Newbie here! From Kent, just bought myself a new carrera sulcata 29er, it's an ok bike for the price, rides nice and smooth no real complaints...stock brakes were fairly shoddy! Just upgraded both discs for the minute from 160s to 180s and that has made a vast difference! I'm planning to ride up snowdon on it in the summer! So can't wait for that! Does anybody on here know of any decent trails in and around Kent at all? I'm from the Maidstone area, I have a local country park with a bridle way around that's an alright ride...fairly short though! Done some of the pilgrims way, I fancy something different and a bit more demanding!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    edited April 2017
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    Hi, welcome. You've got Bedgebury trail centre about half hour south of you. I went there a couple of years ago. Seemed fairly short trails but good fun and could be ridden more than once to make it longer.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    (Weird, no answer for a day, then two of us at the same time!)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Kismet!

Jedik, can heartily recommend a Cornish pasty from J.C.Rook and Sons in the Chequers centre for mid ride nourishment, but will admit to having some (now tenuous) connection to the store!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.