Vittoria Corsa G+

kingstonian
kingstonian Posts: 2,847
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Found my Conti 4000S' have a split in the sidewall on the rear, and the front is wearing, so am considering giving the Vittoria's a go instead.

Would be interested to hear what experiences you have had with them, plus also interested to hear what psi you run them at as the Vittoria tyre pressure app seems to suggest running them way higher than I expected (I'm about 77kg and they suggest 130 psi).

Comments

• FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Have a look at GCN video about tyre pressure (3:42)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDX54z ... e=youtu.be
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I use the 25m Corsa G+ on my good bike, fast club rides and crit racing. Grip on fast corners is superb even in wet conditions.
    They have a very soft and supple feel to them. They do feel quicker than my GP 4000s but that may be a placebo effect. Size wise the 25 comes up large on my rims, I may actually go down to a 23 for my race tyres as they are a tad bulbous. The 25s I run at 110psi for a crit and 90 for club or solo rides, I'm 67kgs. I would be wary that they could pop of my rim if I went too much more than 120.
    I also run the 28s on my winter bike. Used all winter for 3 rides a week, approx 140 miles a week. These are holding up surpringsly well and still in decent condition.
    The race tyes are showing signs of wear with cuts and knicks and are due to be replaced. Purchased last June, not sure of the exact mileage but approx 200 miles a week between June and November.
    I'll likely get these again due to being very comfortable, confidence inspiring when cornering and looking awesome!
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    I've got the tubs. They're not built to last but they are very plush and roll beautifully.

I imagine clinchers with latex tubes would be lovely.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    i've also used the tubs, lovely ride, only downside is in the wet they cut really easily

if the clinchers are similar then compared to gp4000s i'd think they could be far less durable

fwiw this suggests there's little in it for crr...

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... phene-2016
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I now have these on three sets of wheels as they are probably the best clinchers I have come across; light, supple, good traction. Have 23mm and 25mm, they are wide when used on a wider rim ( 25mm on a 21mm rim measure 28mm approx). I am 59kg and run 80-85 psi in the 25mm and 90 psi in the 23mm. Personally, I would not recommend anyone at any weight to pump up a road tire to 130psi.
  • kingstonian
    Thanks, all.

I bought a gumwall pair earlier today - put them on and they look the nuts. Haven't had a chance to go for a spin yet, but if they ride as well as they look I'll be a happy boy.

I've pumped them up to just under 110psi, will see how they go and may take a bit of air out if needed. Am not going to follow Vittoria's suggestion of 130psi, that seems bloody high to me.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    Thanks, all.

I bought a gumwall pair earlier today - put them on and they look the nuts. Haven't had a chance to go for a spin yet, but if they ride as well as they look I'll be a happy boy.

I've pumped them up to just under 110psi, will see how they go and may take a bit of air out if needed. Am not going to follow Vittoria's suggestion of 130psi, that seems bloody high to me.
    I dare say that Vittoria are recommending a race pressure. My Paves are recommended at 120 where they feel similar to other tyres at 100. I prefer to run them at 100 and enjoy the lush comfort. :D
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Any comments on puncture protection? Also has anyone used the Tubeless version?
  • kingstonian
    Have been out for a few rides now ......

They still look the absolute nuts. They sound absolutely great on the Tarmac. They definitely feel more comfortable over rougher roads than the GP4000's I had before. in short, I'm very happy with them.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    solboy10 wrote:
    Any comments on puncture protection? Also has anyone used the Tubeless version?

Clincher with latex, I've not had a puncture yet touch wood. around 2000 miles in the bank I suspect, and they look in good shape. However I've yet to run a set of tyres which cause me problems. Schwa Ultremo's, Gp 4000 ii's, Vittoria open pave and the previous corsa. That said I do like the G+ the most so far, probably in my head though
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Anyone know anywhere with these in stock not charging daft money? seems everyone's hovering them up
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    I'm going to get a pair of these for the summer wheels. Can anyone advise on how they come up size wise? I have wide rims on my summer wheels and I've heard these tyres come up big. So not sure if the 25's will come up too wide on my wide rims.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    rozzer32 wrote:
    I'm going to get a pair of these for the summer wheels. Can anyone advise on how they come up size wise? I have wide rims on my summer wheels and I've heard these tyres come up big. So not sure if the 25's will come up too wide on my wide rims.

Size and Weight Measurements (Bike Wheel: 622x17C, Pressure: 100 psi / 6.9 bar)

Specified Weight 240 grams
    Measured Weight 255 grams
    Measured Width 27 mm
    Measured Height 24 mm
    Total Tire Thickness Center 2.4 mm
    Total Tire Thickness Sidewall 0.75 mm

From here http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com ... phene-2016

Seems about the norm, my Michelins came up the same as in they need a firm tap when putting the wheels back through the brakes.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Also running mine with latex tubes and so far no punctures, only about 800 miles on those tubes. Previously think I had one puncture last summer, prob about 2000 miles. Winter Bike had one flat, not sure on the mileage as swapped bikes a fair bit, probably about 800 miles but can't be too sure.
    Seem to be selling for approx £37. Got mine for that price from the one of the usual retaillers who we all blame.
  • ajkerr73
    ajkerr73 Posts: 318
    Step83 wrote:
    Anyone know anywhere with these in stock not charging daft money? seems everyone's hovering them up

Probikekit (edit) had them a few weeks ago at £35ish.

I ran the 28mm's on an Archetype rim at Flanders 2 weeks ago at 95psi with no problems whatsoever. I'm 102kg
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Have the tubs but without a doubt the best tyre I've ever ridden.