Cheap 100mm forks.

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited April 2017 in MTB buying advice
Currently building up a bike for my eldest daughter and need some cheap, half decent, 100mm travel, 1 1/8th, 26" and disc compatible forks. Current bike I'm doing up has some old Suntour XCM but looking for better/lighter ones.
Any ideas?

Cheers Toddy.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Look on eBay, Suntour Epicon/Epixon or RockShox Reba would be my suggestion, that said I have some SID's that cost me £70 (preloved obviously) which are sub 1500g.

If you daughter isn't too heavy then the older Manitou Skareb and black are fairly light (but less stiff being 28mm stanchion) and can be had fairly cheap.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I've got a set of Rockshox Tora S-Lite La Femme in the garage that you can have for the cost of postage (unless you can collect).
    They are off my wife's Specialized Myka FSR. Coil spring but light and responsive. I'll check the steerer length if you are interested.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Thanks JBA that's very kind of you. I'd love to take them off your hands. I'm away to Tenerife on Tuesday for ten days so don't need them straight away but could send the money anytime. Just let me know how much you need to cover the postage. Steerer length sold be ok as it's going on a small frame but if you can let me know I'll double check.

Thanks again, Toddy.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive