Acros Headset Cap replacement

cgfw201
cgfw201 Posts: 680
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
I've got a Canyon with one of those slightly unusual Acros headsets which is hollow. Like this

WeOIbNU.jpg

Well I did, but at some point in today's ride it fell out of my headset along with a couple of spacers and I now need a new one.

662tUkT.jpg

However, struggling a bit to find any online, have they been discontinued?

Any tips where to get a new one would be appreciated, as I really like they way they look.

Ps been meaning to get steerer tube cut down for a while so now have a good excuse and won't need to get replacement spacers.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Send an email to Canyon?
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    If you do want spacers let me know I have these:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ritchey-wcs-ud-carbon-spacer-1-1-8/#pid=18102

I've got a selection in stealth as pictured and with white writing. The desciption does not say comes in bags of 5 :?

Drop me a pm, best price I can do is free!
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    cgfw201 wrote:

However, struggling a bit to find any online, have they been discontinued?

Any tips where to get a new one would be appreciated, as I really like they way they look.

Ps been meaning to get steerer tube cut down for a while so now have a good excuse and won't need to get replacement spacers.

A mate of mine had the same headset set up on his Focus Izalco Max.
    When he took it in for service last year he was informed of a product recall on the headset and had it replaced, the Focus rep informed him that the Acros was likely to fall apart and could cause a serious accident.
    I think you might have got away with it when it came apart, suggest you contact Canyon and see if they had the same recall notice. If they did you should get a nice new headset of your choice for free.
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 680
    Canyon have sent me a new one + spacers. Looks like that recall notice was only for that specific Focus model. All good.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    cgfw201 wrote:
    Canyon have sent me a new one + spacers. Looks like that recall notice was only for that specific Focus model. All good.

I must say it is a great looking headset set up, my mate was a bit p*ssed off when it was replaced with a Ritchey WCS.