Conti Force&Attack or GP SII.

rublow
rublow Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
First of all I'd like to say hello since I've just registered to this forum.

Although I went through the threads, I couldn't find any recent posts or recommendation for Force&Attack or GP SII.
My question is if it is worth changning the GP SII 25mm to latest Force&Attack combo. These tyres are for S-Works Tarmac SL3 and SRAM S60 wheels.

Thank you very much for any advice you can provide,
/Lukasz

Comments

• The force/attack combo are apparently faster and have less rolling resistance (aimed at time trial riders mostly I think) but I doubt you'd really notice the difference if you were to switch from the GP4000S II's. Those are still pretty fast.

You could try the S-WORKS Turbo Cotton tyres for all out no compromise speed.
  • Yes the Force and attack are faster tyres. They aren't quite as robust as the 4000s.

I bought a set of the new version 3 of the force and attack. However I noticed my new Cosmic's had a warning that 25mm was the minimum width tyre recommended. Ok for the back force but not the front attack. So I bought a set of 4000s11s Quite happy with them so far. My wheel rim I'd is 17mm so watch you don't have wide rims.
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Force and Attack will give you 2,000km max in my experience.

They came stock on my bike and I liked them but noticed little difference when I switched.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Force and Attack will give you 2,000km max in my experience.

They came stock on my bike and I liked them but noticed little difference when I switched.

I bought some Attack/Force tyres for my Fulcrum Zero's, in my case the rear lasted about 700 miles (1100 km).
    The front was pretty worn by this time so I replaced them with GP4000 SII and have covered over 3000 miles and the wear indicators are still visible.
    I my opinion the force/attack is not worth the money and is a little bit of a gimmick with the differential sizing and tread pattern.
    If you want to go down the Front/Rear tyre choice then a mate of mine has the Mavic tyres on his Cosmics and thinks they are great.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Buy both and use both. Buy the set you like the most after trying noth. No one can tell you which you will like the most.

You can run narrower tyre on 17mm id rims. I have 23mm tyres on wider rims for a long time without issue. Using a tyre wider than the rim decreases the stall angle. This negatively affects the performance of an aero wheelset defeating the whole point of buying them.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    Try looking at the data on Blather about bikes. They look pretty much of a muchness to me as far as rolling resistance is concerned. Can't comment on durability, comfort etc though.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,700
    Go with the GP's. Attack/force are perfectly good, very grippy but don't last quite as long. They do come up a bit wider then 22/24 (is that what they still are?) though and I've found comfort to be fine.

But the GP 2's are the best tyres I've found, light, great grip and longevity. I ride them year round.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    i really liked Attack/Force combo (previous version) but they really did not like sharpies!! If the terrain you ride in is prone to sharpies, my recommendation is stick with a slightly more robust tyre such as the GP's.

Peter
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    attack force are faster than mk2 4000s. but not really that durable. lucky to last 1500km.