recommend a helmet - aero but to use daily

2»

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ayjaycee wrote:
    maybe add a little more and get the sworks evade.it looks sick in black
    Why on earth would anybody want to wear a helmet that looks sick (sic)?

its slang. its not supposed to mean it looks bad. its supposed to mean cool,awesome etc. example: "that bike looks sick dude!". many people use this.

So if you're at the doctor's and he says "You look sick, dude!"

Is that good or bad?

It's good. You then say "thanks bro", give the doc a fist pump and then ride out of the surgery on your skateboard.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    its slang. its not supposed to mean it looks bad. its supposed to mean cool,awesome etc. example: "that bike looks sick dude!". many people use this.

And there was me thinking that it was just a typo for 'slick' - I must be getting old but at least now if someone tells me that my bike / helmet or, indeed, anything else (except, perhaps, my cat) looks 'sick', I won't bother to take it to the doctor (or vet in the case of the cat!).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Fenix wrote:
    You can sometimes get bargains on Kask Infinity helmets. I picked one up for winter cycling figuring it'd be cosy with the vents closed - and it's not that warm at all. I've worn it the last few UK summers with no issues. Vent open on sunny days.

Same here. Definitely feel some air flow with the vents closed. It is versatile though. Good airflow with the vents open. I would say, if you fit Giro, you might not fit KASK.
  • ayjaycee wrote:

Is that good or bad?

that obviously means bad.it depends on the situation and how u use it
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    ayjaycee wrote:

Is that good or bad?

Thanks for clearing that up, it was really worrying me.

Youngsters these days are using so much slang I just don't know if I'm coming or going.

Just the other day my great, great grandson said I looked really 'dope', but I was actually feeling quite alert that day. It's so confusing.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    It's the autofill generation. Think of any word longer than 3 letters, type 2 of them into an iphone and accept the first suggestion...hey presto!
  • ayjaycee wrote:

Is that good or bad?

Thanks for clearing that up, it was really worrying me.

Youngsters these days are using so much slang I just don't know if I'm coming or going.

Just the other day my great, great grandson said I looked really 'dope', but I was actually feeling quite alert that day. It's so confusing.

no problem:)
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    "Sick" as a positive has been in use for about 30 years in the USA by surfer/skater types. In the UK more like 10-15 years by the students/youth. Hardly new.

Useful website for the fuddy duddys... http://www.urbandictionary.com/ :lol:
  • [Victor Meldrew]I don't believe it![/Victor Meldrew]

Sent the Met Rivale back to Wiggle a few weeks back because the top of my head was not touching the inside top of the helmet, got a refund no problem, just received a Kask Rapido and it's fitting just as badly.

Looks like another one going back and my 3+ year old Bell Alchera gets some more head time.

Any suggestions for a ~£60 budget helmet that fits a ~62cm oval head with a flattish top? Giro Savant? :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    edited April 2017
    Any suggestions for a ~£60 budget helmet that fits a ~62cm oval head with a flattish top? ...
    Yes, my suggestion is go into a shop and try some on. They really is no substitute. It is a bit like trying to get us to recommend shoes that will fit you.

When I went into my LBS I must have tried on about 20, and only 2 or 3 were a good fit that was comfortable. Interestingly, the more expensive ones were the worst which left me with a simple choice between a very reasonably priced Savant and some lid that looked fit for choppers.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    What Bobbinogs said!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris