Direct seller of fully assembled taiwanese bikes?

bonzo_banana
bonzo_banana Posts: 256
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Just wondering if there is such a direct seller? I see companies like Canyon assembling mainly imported components onto a taiwanese frame and I see many bike dealers now have their own brands of fully assembled taiwanese bikes but is there a more competitive direct seller of fully assembled taiwanese bikes? Who is the most competitive currently for Giant or Merida made frame bikes?

How do taiwanese and mainland china bike factories compare now? Would a Fuji-ta frame bike compare with a Giant frame bike? Carbon or aluminium?

Comments

• Looking around I've come up with Planet X and also wonder if Halfords is actually very effective in value/quality terms. They have huge buying power and directly import themselves and have a wide product range so not totally reliant on bikes for turnover which could help prices. I noticed how well some of the Voodoo bikes have scored based on quality and price. Lastly maybe buying from a direct seller outside the UK after Brexit has finalised may weaken consumer protection for long term warranties like the frame. They may not be legally required to honour them even though I'm sure most companies will. Maybe safer to buy mainland Europe brands from local bike shops unless they have a UK based operation too for direct selling. I know with ebay how little rights you have after 3 months for items bought from overseas typically direct from China.