Ebay Avid BB7?

Leahcow13
Leahcow13 Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in MTB buying advice
Ive been looking to get the avid bb7 disc set for front and rear. The typical price for rotor and caliper- front and rear is gonna be about $140. I was surprised to find a set on ebay for literally half that! Would anyone be able to tell me if this is a good buy or not? I've had my fair share of disappointments with ebay. I'm listing the link for the $140 set and the one on ebay for comparison. Thanks to anyone who can help, I really appreciate it!!

https://www.amazon.com/AVID-Mechanical- ... B00BOK39T4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/4010870879 ... noapp=true

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Looks the same, but the Ebay listing is a Chinese drop shipper.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    What's the problem with Chinese drop shippers??
  • Did a little research on them, and just crossing my fingers there isnt a problem with them. Since its an actual bike shop thats dealing with the chinese drop shipping im assuming they are confident in its quality!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    JGTR wrote:
    What's the problem with Chinese drop shippers??
    Nothing until you have a problem then you deal with Chinglish, and with most, the return cost of shipping back to China, unless you get Ebay to step in and enforce the rules.
    For me that's a PITA so I only buy from EU sellers.
    Leahcow13 wrote:
    Did a little research on them, and just crossing my fingers there isnt a problem with them. Since its an actual bike shop thats dealing with the chinese drop shipping im assuming they are confident in its quality!

What makes you think that? The seller is based in Hong Kong and most of the stuff they're selling ships from Hong Kong.
    These might be in LA, or maybe not. This from their feedback.
    "Product shipped from China, not US as advertised. Brakes came unassembled"

I like saving money, but not at the expense of frustration.

My opinion only, yours may differ.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools