Thick bar tape to match with brown Charge Spoon saddle

nachetetm
nachetetm Posts: 41
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone!
I assume the subject already says everything but I will try to expand a bit the info. At the moment the bike has brown Ritchey classic bar tape, which it was matching nicely with my former saddle (Selle Esse Italiana in dark brown). The saddle was a torture so I decided to swaped it for a Charge Spoon in brown and now saddle and bar tape don't match that well (the Spoon has a quite lighter shade of brown although it is miles more comfortable). I was wondering if someone tried to match this saddle before and can give me some info. Once I am changing the tape I wouldn't mind to go for a thicker one with more padding (although I don't know the thickness of the Ritchey classic bar tape and I couldn't find the info anywhere). It seems to me that the Brooks microfibre in honey brown could be the right answer but not sure about the color matching.
Any ideas?

The only picture I can link for now is this one, I'll try to get a better one.
17499251_10210340051512591_8685495011685708311_n.jpg?oh=71ec324adbf4bc442cb2fca9dc289b87&oe=599958CC

Comments

• txom
    txom Posts: 31
    Fizik Superlight tape in brown isn't a bad match. Not very thick though.

2h2e8gj.jpg
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do charge not make their matching tape any more then?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I was just about to say that - the tape and saddle on my Plug matched perfectly.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I'd be more concerned about my bibshorts. Much as the Spoon is a comfortable saddle it has a fearsome reputation for eating shorts as I know to my cost. I have three at home sitting in my boxes of bits taken off new bikes (Genesis and Charge bikes) I'd swap it out for something else - one of the Fabric saddles is the same shape but no stitching.