Campy Bullet Ultra vs Reynolds Assault SLG

rambino
rambino Posts: 45
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
Not sure which clincher set to buy.

Both similarly priced and both available on finance, which would you go for and why?

Thanks

Comments

• Probably go for a similar set of light bicycle or far sport versions for a 1/3 of the cost
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rambino
    rambino Posts: 45
    Probably go for a similar set of light bicycle or far sport versions for a 1/3 of the cost

There's not a great deal of info on either of those brands and I very much doubt resale value will be that good either....plus lack of finance - (the important bit)
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I have the Reynolds Assault and they are very good wheels. Not sure about the Campy wheels but the Reynolds are easily serviceable because the hub/spokes are not proprietary. The Reynolds customer service is superb as is the RAP program they offer which if financing is worth taking. I had a brand new front wheel from Reynolds for something that was absolutely my fault. No questions asked. Because I had the RAP policy I've rode mine in all conditions and they've been superb. You need to use the Reynolds pads and they need to be setup right to get the best from them. They occasionally glaze over and when this happens you need to rub them down to removing all traces of the glaze. Alternatively you can replace them with new ones but at £50 a set it can become expensive.