sunday anger is an energy

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited April 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

temperature verging on nippy again, off for an 80k-ish out to t'east

wonder what the first cake of the day will be, or shall i break all convention and seek a savoury option
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Steady 40 miles with a manic 10 mile TT in the middle today.

Last nights apple based preperation was a giggle as we did a reasonable walk to another pub with friends. It's amazing, all four kids who normally moan about walking did the six miles without complaining as they were having fun together

After bikes it's over to a pals for food and it looks like I'm driving :( hopefully get back home before it's dark and see what damage has been done in the front garden by mr rotervator
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Cool but the is sun shining, no cycling today as I am traveling up to the gatehouse of fleet for two weeks of work, bike already in the back of the car
    Have a nice day
  • no cycling today as I am traveling up to the gatehouse of fleet for two weeks of work,

Is that near Lincoln?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • lincolndave
    no cycling today as I am traveling up to the gatehouse of fleet for two weeks of work,

Is that near Lincoln?

North of the border, Dumfries and Galloway area
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    no cycling today as I am traveling up to the gatehouse of fleet for two weeks of work,

Is that near Lincoln?

Careful! That's near Pinno!

Boys day today. Just me and the for year old.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Garry H wrote:

I hope you're not teaching him to spell today :)

Am relaxing with coffee after tiring the out the hound. Most jobs were done yesterday so will relax a bit today before next weeks fun and games. Strifey did mention she thought we needed a new car yesterday, completely independently of my plans. That said, she also mentioned getting the kitchen the driveway and the garden fences sorted as well :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Lack of crema on the stove top espresso as usual, I've tried everything and failed, very depressing. Just deciding whether to the the mtb over to Innerleithen or to fanny about at home and just ride the tracks in the woods behind the house instead. Did an absolute tonne of house stuff yesterday, mostly anything but painting the spare room which I was left with instructions to do...

Might scrap all that and do some hill reps and drink more disappointing espresso
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Strifey did mention she thought we needed a new car yesterday, completely independently of my plans. That said, she also mentioned getting the kitchen the driveway and the garden fences sorted as well :roll:

In my experience they aren't as interested in horse power, her idea of a new car might not match yours. Then again, just because the GF and I conform to sexist stereotypes doesn't mean everyone does, you'll have your AMG in no time :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Strifey did mention she thought we needed a new car yesterday, completely independently of my plans. That said, she also mentioned getting the kitchen the driveway and the garden fences sorted as well :roll:

In my experience they aren't as interested in horse power, her idea of a new car might not match yours. Then again, just because the GF and I conform to sexist stereotypes doesn't mean everyone does, you'll have your AMG in no time :wink:
    I'm more concerned about what she might manage to do with 500 bhp and rear wheel drive :shock: (She does conform to some stereotypes :) ). May have to wait until the 4wd versions are out before its safe - and Chelsea tractors are not an option as they are shyte and we never go off road.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Am relaxing with coffee after tiring the out the hound. Most jobs were done yesterday so will relax a bit today before next weeks fun and games. Strifey did mention she thought we needed a new car yesterday, completely independently of my plans. That said, she also mentioned getting the kitchen the driveway and the garden fences sorted as well :roll:

Just say "oh, how are you planning on paying for it?" Always goes down well. (I'm assuming that like mine, your wife does not work. She just lounges about drinking coffee/wine all day :wink: )

Gis a break, Inglish is my secund langwitch.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Just say "oh, how are you planning on paying for it?" Always goes down well. (I'm assuming that like mine, your wife does not work. She just lounges about drinking coffee/wine all day :wink: )

Gis a break, Inglish is my secund langwitch.
    You assume right...funding will be part of the negotiations.
  • Garry H
    HaydenM wrote:
    Lack of crema on the stove top espresso as usual, I've tried everything and failed, very depressing. Just deciding whether to the the mtb over to Innerleithen or to fanny about at home and just ride the tracks in the woods behind the house instead. Did an absolute tonne of house stuff yesterday, mostly anything but painting the spare room which I was left with instructions to do...

Might scrap all that and do some hill reps and drink more disappointing espresso

Where are you?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329

Is that near Lincoln?

Hmm... I'm not sure about this. Did you run it by me first?

So, I can only presume this has something to do with:

1. The Galloway forest park 'biosphere'.
    2. The dark sky area
    3. Some Hotel like the Cally Palace or
    4. The Forestry commission.

There's f*ck all else really.

Are you bringing your bike mush? You do know we have hills up here.

Morning
    Toots watch me and swimming and then RVV - wahey.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm more concerned about what she might manage to do with 500 bhp and rear wheel drive :shock: (She does conform to some stereotypes :) ). May have to wait until the 4wd versions are out before its safe - and Chelsea tractors are not an option as they are shyte and we never go off road.

Good point, Audi RS of some sort? The estate RS cars are very very lovely
  • haydenm
    Garry H wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Where are you?

I live just near Moffat these days, bit of a trip back to see my folks in Bristol but it's worth it because I like my job, shame about the pubs. By 'the the mtb over to Innerleithen' I mean 'put the mtb in the car and drive over'. I could also put my wetsuit in my bag and take it the cx bike up to explore the small lochs on the hill but that sounds an awful lot like the beginning of '999 what's your emergency' story
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    pleasant rolling ride ending up at northfleet, wherever that is, had a pleasant brekkie there and managed to find the way back without getting lost, 87k in the end, would've been more but traffic chaos due to road closures was getting boring, gave up on the last bit and headed for the final espresso of the ride

now scoffing pineapple
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon all,
    I think Stevo needs that promotion to pay for his wife's plans. My Mrs would love an AMG estate, pretty sure we can't afford it. Especially not with her right foot. Trying to get the family out and about but a combination of lots of jobs that need doing and apathy are winning. I think I might have to bribe them with the offer of food and drink somewhere.
  • lincolndave
    Pinno wrote:

Is that near Lincoln?

Hmm... I'm not sure about this. Did you run it by me first?

So, I can only presume this has something to do with:

1. The Galloway forest park 'biosphere'.
    2. The dark sky area
    3. Some Hotel like the Cally Palace or
    4. The Forestry commission.

There's f*ck all else really.

Are you bringing your bike mush? You do know we have hills up here.

Morning
    Toots watch me and swimming and then RVV - wahey.

Laters

Close Pinno, we are staying at cally palace working at Brighouse Bay
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    For some reason I've never warmed to Audis - felt a bit lifeless. But that was a while ago. Do you reckon they drive well? May have to reconsider - we have Merc and Audi dealers closeby.
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    For some reason I've never warmed to Audis - felt a bit lifeless. But that was a while ago. Do you reckon they drive well? May have to reconsider - we have Merc and Audi dealers closeby.

To be honest I've never driven an RS but I did love the A6 all road I drove recently, that felt fast at 6 to 60 or whatever but it's a diesel. Compared to an AMG I see your point. I was a passenger in a TTrs a while back and that was exciting, wish I'd had a chance behind the wheel. Nearly all of my driving is in a pickup so everything feels fast, including the other half's Mini Countryman...
  • veronese68
    My Audi's dull as ditchwater, but it's a bog stock 2.0 litre petrol. The RS models are meant to be fun but I've not tried one. Can you get a Jag XF-R in estate? Driven a normal XF and it was a nice place to be, add a supercharged V8 and it should be a hoot.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My Audi's dull as ditchwater, but it's a bog stock 2.0 litre petrol. The RS models are meant to be fun but I've not tried one. Can you get a Jag XF-R in estate? Driven a normal XF and it was a nice place to be, add a supercharged V8 and it should be a hoot.
    Yep they do!
    https://youtu.be/7od-eyQaIY4
  • veronese68
    Drive an Audi RS and everyone will assume you're a tosser even if they haven't met you. The Jag isn't like that, implies a bit more class now they've shaken the cad and bank robber image.
    A mate has an S Type R, fast as fook. Did a track day a while back and his brother heard the noise testers laughing at the old bloke with the Jag that had radio 4 on. Nothing passed that Jag all day, his brother was in an M3 and couldn't touch it.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Drive an Audi RS and everyone will assume you're a tosser even if they haven't met you. The Jag isn't like that, implies a bit more class now they've shaken the cad and bank robber image.
    A mate has an S Type R, fast as fook. Did a track day a while back and his brother heard the noise testers laughing at the old bloke with the Jag that had radio 4 on. Nothing passed that Jag all day, his brother was in an M3 and couldn't touch it.
    I guess an RS will save me having to meet people then :P

Not a simple decision now - more research needed.
  • haydenm
    I'd be happy with people thinking I'm a tosser because I have a nice car, having a nice car would make up for it. 'Tis all out of my price range anyway, I keep talking about getting a Cayman or something but when I get my truck and fuel through work it makes it such an expensive toy I can't bring myself to do it. Not to mention I have just bought a house and keep blowing all spare cash I have on bike stuff...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    All this talk of cars is not helpful, been trying to tell myself I can't afford an M135i for a couple of weeks now where as really I'm just reluctant to part with the cash. Must resist!
  • Garry H
    Ya Dancer!! You know what I'm talking about.
  • All this talk of cars is not helpful, been trying to tell myself I can't afford an M135i for a couple of weeks now where as really I'm just reluctant to part with the cash. Must resist!

Perfect hairdresser car, go for it
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thought you'd get the hint, bit subtle for the likes of Piña.
    I've had the joy of sorting stinky drains. Thankfully caustic soda was enough and there was no need for a good rodding. For some reasons the neighbours went in and shut their back door when I took the manhole cover off.
  • Garry H
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thought you'd get the hint, bit subtle for the likes of Piña.
    I've had the joy of sorting stinky drains. Thankfully caustic soda was enough and there was no need for a good rodding. For some reasons the neighbours went in and shut their back door when I took the manhole cover off.

You need some "One Shot" in your armoury. Works a treat.