Elemnt Bolt on the way! What do you want to know?

jacksoneaker
jacksoneaker Posts: 60
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
I have ordered an elemnt bolt and am so excited!

If you want to know anything about it, let me know and as soon as it arrives I'll do my best to answer any questions!

Thanks!

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    What it is would probably help...
  • SME
    SME Posts: 348
    How well it picks up satalite signals in urban areas.
    The GPS unit I have now is crap in London - I'll load a pre-planned route and then it'll take me to the start, then past it, and past it... never starting giving directions! But out where I live it's fine.

So have considered the Bolt since GCN 'unwrapped' it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What is it? How much? Availability? Compatibility? Weight?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw a pic on GCN Insta fees and the handlebar bracket looks a bit clunky.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    It's £175 from Wiggle. It does the same things the Elemnt does other than it doesn't have the second set of LED lights and makes use of the top LEDs for everything. It's a smaller screen at around 510/520 size, but more a aerodynamic shape and the buttons are supposed to be less prone to being inadvertently pushed. Not had a problem pushing the buttons on the Elemnt myself though.

https://youtu.be/Mc1fPPYrnpA
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    philthy3 wrote:
    the buttons are supposed to be less prone to being inadvertently pushed.

really ??? ... how ham fisted do you need to be to "inadvertently" push an elemnt button .... they are the hardest fecking buttons to push in the known universe of button pushing ever ..... if anything I struggle most from pushing any of the buttons, let alone the wrong one !

the only thing I am interested in is how long the battery lasts on the bolt compared to the elemnt ... not that I care, but people at work keep asking me :?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    fat daddy wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    the buttons are supposed to be less prone to being inadvertently pushed.

really ??? ... how ham fisted do you need to be to "inadvertently" push an elemnt button .... they are the hardest ******* buttons to push in the known universe of button pushing ever ..... if anything I struggle most from pushing any of the buttons, let alone the wrong one !

the only thing I am interested in is how long the battery lasts on the bolt compared to the elemnt ... not that I care, but people at work keep asking me :?

And in the full post I said I don't have a problem with the buttons on the Elemnt either. Battery life is reportedly a little less than the Elemnt.

If you have decent eyesight and don't want the additional LED functionality of the Elemnt, the Bolt makes perfect sense being £45 cheaper than the Elemnt.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.