Lezyne Super GPs

pmcclure
pmcclure Posts: 36
edited November 2017 in Road buying advice
Has anyone got turn by turn to work?
I've imported a GPX file into Lezyne routes, which then sends it to my phone (Android). If I then select the route on my phone (paired to GPS) it gives me a thumb trail to follow, BUT when I get to a junction it doesn't tell me which way to go. Would appreciate some help in getting this feature to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Comments

• I had the same issue when i first got my super GPS.

GPX file don't contain the cue data for the turn by turn navigation, to get the directions you can either create the route on the lezyne GPS root website (I find it to be a bit cluncky) or somewhere like ride with GPS that will give you a .TCX file with the nav data.
  • pmcclure
    pmcclure Posts: 36
    Tried the "ride with GPS" website. Easy to plan a route. Was concerned that using the basic (free) membership that when exporting the turn by turn wasn't available. However turn by turn does work on the GPS. Tried it on a route today that I know well. Was concerned that at three junctions it told me to go the wrong way.
  • nottscobb
    nottscobb Posts: 147
    On the same device, has anyone been able to get the Live Tracking to work?

I have set it up to send to Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail accounts and get a mail delivery message from each of them. The customer support at Lezyne seem to think the problem is at the end of Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail which is less than helpful!

One of my key buying criteria was this feature so that when I am out riding alone my wife can see where I am (and if I'm still moving) if I am home later than expected.
  • Mine alerts my wife and tracks fine through her gmail.
  • Just a heads up for Lezyne GPS owners, the Ally V2 Android app updated last night and you can now create routes with multiple waypoints on the app.

It seems much better than http://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_routes-myroutes.php , it looks as if it chooses the most direct route to the next waypoint on the app, while the web route maker often seems to choose odd options for me.

Also another heads up to keep the firmware up to date, https://www.lezyne.com/gpsroot/gps_downloads.php , v5.33 came out yesterday for Y10 devices.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • v5.40 firmware has been released recently, plus an update to the Ally App v2.

Literally just updated myself before today's imminent ride.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    So picked up one of these a couple of weeks back and only managed to use it a couple of times however i still can't get the TBT to work.

I am using .tcx files downloaded from strava as my routes were already there but no joy. Also whats the point in putting said files onto the unit? I can't see (work out) how you can use them. My understanding is that the TBT only works with the phone and ally app connected but why let you add (it comes with a folder for them) routes to a something that can't use them.

or am i missing things?
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I don't think TBT works with routes downloaded from Strava.
  • mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    wongataa wrote:
    I don't think TBT works with routes downloaded from Strava.

Could be the case. I'm currently knocking up a route for today on the Lezyne site. Although if that is the case it's piss poor
    from Lezyne being that they claim to support strava live segments so not supporting routes (in the correct format) from strava seems bizarre.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    TBT never works from Strava on any device. Same on the Wahoo Elemnt. Use Ride with GPS
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    GrenW wrote:
    TBT never works from Strava on any device. Same on the Wahoo Elemnt. Use Ride with GPS
    I use TBT from Strava on my Garmin and it's worked perfectly every time
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Graeme_S wrote:
    GrenW wrote:
    I use TBT from Strava on my Garmin and it's worked perfectly every time
    If you use a Garmin with navigation (800/820/1000/1030) and you have the turn guidance on then the unit itself calculates the TBT directions from any sort of track file you have put into it. Devices like the Lezyne, Wahoo Elemnt, Garmin 520 use cue points to show the turn prompts. These are just text strings that appear when you hit a certain location. If you make these say turn right etc they can be used for directions. RwGPS can create .tcx files with these cue points, Strava can't. You can use this method with Garmin units with navigation as well if you turn course points on for a route.
  • I use "Ride with GPs" . Plot a route. Save it. Export as .tcx file. Go to Lezyne log in page, Device features, routes and import the file. This will then appear on your GPS next time you pair your phone to the GPS.