Neo or Flux?

FatTed
FatTed Posts: 1,205
Not really sure what the real differences are between these two. Flux is half the price of the Neo

The Flux does not seem quite as accurate, apart from that not sure why the large price difference

Has anyone tried them both?

I have a LeMond Revolution which is a little too loud and has no erg mode

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    I was initially going to go flux, but the swathe of reorts of failures across t'internet, and notably new ones on their facebook page about people being on their 4th unit put me off sufficiently.

I nearly went for the Elite Drivo, which I could have bought for £800, but ended up going for the Neo at £865.
    So not twice the price, as cheapest I have seen the flux is £630.
    Amazon is where I bought it from, you need to watch the price, and buy at the right time.

My suggestion would be to join both facebook owners groups to see what issues people are seeing.

Neos are not immune, the 'death rattle' is not unheard of, but I was lucky as mine seems fine.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    The flux is not far off neo accuracy, if you ride it for 20 mins to warm through and then calibrate. Apparently that brings it to -/+ 2%. They had early manufacturing issues which are apparently now resolved, it's a nice piece of kit.

Having said that I've a neo which I love...
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Just bought a Flux, based on DCR's in-depth review.
  • FatTed
    I'm in New Zealand, and as such the Neo is twice the price of the Flux. I think it would be silly not to have a proper warranty so in effect that rules out Amazon. DCR review was pretty good.
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Daniel B wrote:

Neos are not immune, the 'death rattle' is not unheard of, but I was lucky as mine seems fine.

Tacx are currently developing a tool that people can use to "fix" the death rattle. It's all about extracting loose metal that the magnets have pulled (causing the rattle).
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,586
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:

Tacx are currently developing a tool that people can use to "fix" the death rattle. It's all about extracting loose metal that the magnets have pulled (causing the rattle).

Indeed I have heard about this tool, am hoping it will be made available at no cost to existing owners.
    FatTed wrote:
    I'm in New Zealand, and as such the Neo is twice the price of the Flux. I think it would be silly not to have a proper warranty so in effect that rules out Amazon. DCR review was pretty good.

Wiggle currently allegedly have stock @ £876, and IIRC ship for free worldwide?
    I know where my money would be going.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Will have to pay import duties if shipping to NZ.

I'd be sourcing local as IF there is a problem it's much easier to take it back to your local friendly bike shop than post it back to Wiggle!
  • FatTed
    Will have to pay import duties if shipping to NZ.

I'd be sourcing local as IF there is a problem it's much easier to take it back to your local friendly bike shop than post it back to Wiggle!

After GST and MAF inspections the Wiggle price is the same as the local price give or take
    interestingly if you put the destination New Zealand the price becomes £905.76 (excluding VAT!)

I have ordered a Neo

Now to decide what videos to use and how, I was thinking of hooking my macbook air to a screen and controlling the trainer with the laptop. I would like to virtual ride up some iconic alpine climbs.
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm also looking at the Neo and Flux as I can't cycle in the evenings.
    The problem I'm having with deciding is do I get a Neo and use my current bike. Or get a flux and a cheaper second hand bike to permanently attach.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Sgt_Pepper wrote:
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm also looking at the Neo and Flux as I can't cycle in the evenings.
    The problem I'm having with deciding is do I get a Neo and use my current bike. Or get a flux and a cheaper second hand bike to permanently attach.

Having a permanently attached bike is certainly a big advantage as you can (almost) jump on and go, no faffing about with setup.