Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Castelli refusing to warranty Nanoflex 2 bibshorts

FastfloFastflo Posts: 45
edited April 2017 in Road buying advice
I have two sets of bibs and jerseys from Castelli along with gloves, socks and arm warmers, all has been well with the kit, I have been really pleased tbh, apart from the front panel of my Nanoflex 2 bibshorts .
The material has started to degrade just above the pad, anywhere else I could live with but it looks like my pubic hair is sticking through the material :shock: :shock: :shock: , which is not the look I paid £85 for, I sent of pictures to Chain Reaction along with their Warranty claim form expecting to get the item replaced as they are under a year old and due to the weather have been worn much less than my Sorpasso wind bibtights.

CRC have told me they contacted Castelli who have blamed the wear on the zip from my jersey, which is in fact a Castelli Perfetto and have rejected the claim.

Am I not covered :lol::lol::lol: at least by the Consumer Rights Act??? (if not by the bibshorts)

Posts

  • keef66keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Try a claim for a defective zip as well then. Sounds like at least one of the garments is at fault.

    It shouldn't matter what Castelli say, your dispute is with the retailer who sold them to you. Tell them you're going to take them to the Small Claims Court
  • svettysvetty Posts: 1,904
    keef66 wrote:
    Try a claim for a defective zip as well then. Sounds like at least one of the garments is at fault.

    It shouldn't matter what Castelli say, your dispute is with the retailer who sold them to you. Tell them you're going to take them to the Small Claims Court

    To be fair if the 'fault' is abrasion from use I'm not sure this is a warranty matter....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • FastfloFastflo Posts: 45
    I have looked at the which website about claiming under the Consumer Rights act as it contains info about goods being of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose and sent this on to Chain Reaction

    I haven't worn the bibshorts that much although when I wear them its for 4 or 5 hours on the bike.
  • ayjayceeayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    If Castelli don't play, just shave your pubes off - I hear it's considered a good look by some!
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    So worn for a year at 5 hours per wear.

    And you wonder why they are saying no.

    Seriously?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • FastfloFastflo Posts: 45
    No not worn every week for a year,
    worn during better weather over the course of a year
    about 3 or 4 months, once per week.
    Maybe 20 times in all.
    Is that all a premium product should last?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If it gets jeffed through fault other than material failure or poor design then yes.

    Premium product?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • BobbinogsBobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Sounds like fair wear and tear to me.
  • chippykchippyk Posts: 529
    Fastflo wrote:
    I have two sets of bibs and jerseys from Castelli along with gloves, socks and arm warmers, all has been well with the kit, I have been really pleased tbh, apart from the front panel of my Nanoflex 2 bibshorts .
    The material has started to degrade just above the pad, anywhere else I could live with but it looks like my pubic hair is sticking through the material :shock: :shock: :shock: , which is not the look I paid £85 for, I sent of pictures to Chain Reaction along with their Warranty claim form expecting to get the item replaced as they are under a year old and due to the weather have been worn much less than my Sorpasso wind bibtights.

    CRC have told me they contacted Castelli who have blamed the wear on the zip from my jersey, which is in fact a Castelli Perfetto and have rejected the claim.

    Am I not covered :lol::lol::lol: at least by the Consumer Rights Act??? (if not by the bibshorts)

    You didn't send pictures of your pubes sticking through did you? No wonder they rejected it.
  • trailflowtrailflow Posts: 1,311
    Shoulda bought Rapha.........

    Try and glue/sew a patch on the inside.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    trailflow wrote:
    Shoulda bought Rapha.........

    Try and glue/sew a patch on the inside.

    Or Assoss as it's better than both of them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Alex99Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Sounds like fair wear and tear to me.

    I'd be annoyed if an £80 pair of shorts was on the way out after a year of occasional use. They should last longer, that is unless someone has a brillo pad down there.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Alex99 wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Sounds like fair wear and tear to me.

    I'd be annoyed if an £80 pair of shorts was on the way out after a year of occasional use. They should last longer, that is unless someone has a brillo pad down there.

    Depends if you've just worn them for riding or Jefferson them while riding.

    Two completely different things.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • FastfloFastflo Posts: 45
    Update
    Chain Reaction offered a 15% goodwill price reduction if I bought another pair of bibshorts from them, as they say I have no claim as it is fair wear and tear????.... premium product...worn 20 times....for the purpose they were designed for....I don't thinks so...
    a lesson for me then as I thought manufacturers offered a 1 year warranty on goods as per Castelli's website, apparently not though.
  • keef66keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I occasionally get a bit of wear on jersey / jacket cuffs where the velcro on gloves catches them, and some on the seat of my DHB bibtights which was caused by the stitching on a Charge Spoon saddle (so I stopped using it) but generally my cycling gear lasts for years.

    I'd be well hacked off if I'd written off an £80 pair of bibshorts because of a badly designed jacket zip.
  • andy9964andy9964 Posts: 930
    How old is the jersey, can you not claim a refund on that as it is ruining the shorts, "not fit for purpose" etc
    Might be a chance of at least getting something back
  • bobloboblo Posts: 360
    I also managed to scuff up a small patch on the leg of a brand new pair of bibshorts first time out. It was the bar end on the stoker bars of the tandem what dunnit. I used a brand new disposable razor to shave the small patch of scuffed up bobbles and all is well :-)
Sign In or Register to comment.