Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Which pedals should I keep

JoshgavJoshgav Posts: 158
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
I just bought a second hand bike which came with Shimano 105 pedals (no cleats) and which seem to be in reasonable condition.

I have been using Look Keo for a while now (my pedals have a small amount of bearing play).

I plan to use one pair of shoes for both bikes (commuter and road). I will neither either another set of Shimano pedals and cleats or Look pedals.

As these pedals will be for the commuter bike, I don't need super light weight, which in either Shimano or Look is the cheapest whilst still being good enough?

Thoughts?

Posts

  • fenixfenix Posts: 5,437
    Might be easier to buy a new pair of shoes to match the new pedals ?
  • benjamessbenjamess Posts: 159
    Joshgav wrote:
    I just bought a second hand bike which came with Shimano 105 pedals (no cleats) and which seem to be in reasonable condition.

    I have been using Look Keo for a while now (my pedals have a small amount of bearing play).

    I plan to use one pair of shoes for both bikes (commuter and road). I will neither either another set of Shimano pedals and cleats or Look pedals.

    As these pedals will be for the commuter bike, I don't need super light weight, which in either Shimano or Look is the cheapest whilst still being good enough?

    Thoughts?

    definitely keep the look pedals

    and sell me the 105s :roll:
  • JoshgavJoshgav Posts: 158
    benjamess wrote:
    Joshgav wrote:
    I just bought a second hand bike which came with Shimano 105 pedals (no cleats) and which seem to be in reasonable condition.

    I have been using Look Keo for a while now (my pedals have a small amount of bearing play).

    I plan to use one pair of shoes for both bikes (commuter and road). I will neither either another set of Shimano pedals and cleats or Look pedals.

    As these pedals will be for the commuter bike, I don't need super light weight, which in either Shimano or Look is the cheapest whilst still being good enough?

    Thoughts?

    definitely keep the look pedals

    and sell me the 105s :roll:

    I think there's my answer. Just get a pair of R540s for cheap.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Keep the Keos.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • ZMC888ZMC888 Posts: 292
    The internet universally says that Shimano are a bit heavier, but they are far superior in longevity and use.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ZMC888 wrote:
    The internet universally says that Shimano are a bit heavier, but they are far superior in longevity and use.


    Never had trouble with Keos falling apart and we're looking at decades worth of use.

    But takes ya choice. It's all mickle muckle really.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
Sign In or Register to comment.