bigger fork for my HT

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sounds like you have the wrong bike for what you want to ride.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A longer fork will slacken the head angle and raise the BB, that's obvious.

That is vey much an XC bike, you could possibly go to a 120mm fork, or maybe your fork can have a spacer (if fitted) removed to make it a 120.

If you are tying to put an HD on it it sounds like you bought the wrong bike, to get a bigger tyre in you need to fit a fork designed to take a bigger one, a longer travel fork of similar style will just use the same lower casting, so you are looking at a Yari or Pike or similar, in a 120mm which they are really designed for as they are longer travel forks design door 'bigger bikes'.

Sell the Felt and buy the right bike, or ride the Felt as its intended.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    Agreed. it the wrong bike. i've had it a few years now and its the fact that i'm enjoying trail centres more that i hoped to prolong its life.
    I cant afford to get another bike, i was just thinking as 26" is not the hot topic anymore, i could possibly get a longer fork and enjoy the trails.
    The HD was was given to me, so not too bothered about not using it.

Thanks again chaps.

Matt
  • matt-h
    Another thought. (uh oh)
    Is there a more slack frame to be had that will take the components i already have, including shock.
    FS or HT?

Matt
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What shock? I thought that was a hardtail, do you mean the fork?

If your fork will go to 120mm then that will open up some options, but at 100mm you'll be limited to XC style hardtails.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • matt-h
    The Rookie wrote:
    What shock? I thought that was a hardtail, do you mean the fork?

If your fork will go to 120mm then that will open up some options, but at 100mm you'll be limited to XC style hardtails.

Sorry, yes, fork.
    Bear with. i'm a roadie :D