Forum home Family & kids cycling forum

Buying a child's bike through Ride 2 Work (Evans)?

Hi, all.

My son has a Frog bike at the moment but, as is always the way with kids, he is rapidly outgrowing it.

My cycle to work scheme has come up for renewal and I wondered if it was possible to use the voucher to buy two bikes: one for me and one for my son. The idea being that we would ride to school together, and then I would carry on to the local station to get the train to work.

Does anyone know if this is an acceptable way to use a voucher? I couldn't find anything from a quick google, including a search on Evans website.

Thanks
Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.

• Ah - I think I have found my answer through a bit more of a hunt on Evans website.

You can buy a child seat; you can't buy a bike for someone else (presumably including your child).
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • Steve-XcTSteve-XcT Posts: 267
    How big is the kid ?

You might mail order ... I'm guessing you're small or XS :D
  • spankwilderspankwilder Posts: 169
    You can buy two bikes on one scheme. (£ limits according to your employer) just tell the shop the kids one is your winter bike it makes you feel safer riding closer to the ground.