Novotec r5 carbon clinchers.

Dodds49
Dodds49 Posts: 12
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have any experience of these wheels ? I can get a set for under £600 and would appreciate any thoughts before taking the plunge. Cheers.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    They are horrendously expensive when full price and your price make them only marginally better.

The hubs are budget and the rims are Chinese sourced... don't see what makes them better than a set of Farsports with the same hubs, which you can buy for 3-400 pounds
    left the forum March 2023
  • Dodds49
    Fair enough.

Where would your money go then.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I guess it depends what you want to achieve with your money
    left the forum March 2023
  • Dodds49
    I've just sold on a few older pairs of wheels and need a set for my sl3 sworks.

Will be used for dry days, sportives, windy TTs on the front and a few of the hilly triathlons I do. Live on the edge of Dartmoor and I'm 88kg.

Want something strong but not weighing a ton and to look good.

I'm not clued up on wheels to be honest so any advice would be good.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    The wheels that dare mention their name clad with Conti Sprinters will fulfill your needs.

Or Planet X.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Dodds49
    The wheels that dare mention their name ?
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    A couple of friends have had bad experiences with those wheels. One de-laminated a rim and blew out his tyre - admittedly it was rider error on a very steep descent, but worth bearing in mind given some of the hills around Dartmoor. The other had some issue with the nipples that resulted in several spokes going mid-descent. He re-built the wheels and is still happily using them, but it's not something you would expect after a couple of hundred miles on any wheelset, let alone one retailing for over a grand.