69er Frame

colinrobinson215
colinrobinson215 Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've found an old 69er frame that I want to fix up. I have 2 x 27.5" wheels and wondered how the 69er frame might respond to these wheels.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any thoughts of how it might act? Would the frame be unbalanced?

I need to buy a fork so if I got a 27,5 fork and then found the bike needed the big front wheel it would mean buying another larger fork so trying to save money here.

I haven't owned or done up s bike for many years so it's a route back into mountain biking for me - mid life crisis! Forks are "new tech" to me so any recommendations would be welcome on this and other kit that would compliment the 69er.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    27.5 wheels and tyres will fit in most 26" hardtail frames although on some you need to go to 1x gearing so the mech doesn't get in the way.

As for the front, it won't be an issue, just make sure the AtoC of the forks is around 1" longer than for a 29er fork so as to keep geometry the same.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.