Does 2cm Make a Big Difference?

2»

Comments

• To answer the question honestly maybe ask your wife!
    But yes I'd say 2cm does make a big difference, I ride a 50cm SuperSix and I'm 5'5", but I've short legs and longer arms for my mediocre height so had to fit a longer stem. If I'd went for the next size up I'd have next to no seat post sticking above the frame but think maybe I'd have got away with the original stem.
    When checking geometry charts on different manufacturers I seem to fall between 2 frame sizes quite a lot. It'd boil down to your individual genetics so I'd listen to your fitter.
  • n733lk wrote:
    What is the borrowed bike (make/model/year) and what is the "new" option? I ask because it sounds like you want a new rig. :)

2005 Roubaix Comp
    2017 Roubaix Elite

12 years makes a difference. Online it says the Elite has mostly 105. I give it a demerit for not including the matching brakes.

Honestly....from me.....if the 2005 doesn't hurt you I wouldn't get the 2017 unless you went with a model up OR if the 2017 has seat tube, stay, or fork dampers on it. I didn't read the spec long enough to see.

Up to you. I went from an 25 y/o downtube shifter Trek to a complete aero racing bike. So quite a bit more extreme difference.