Elite Drivo? Advice from owners please

Timls
Timls Posts: 2
I purchased one of the original Wahoo Kickrs back in late 2013 and have been thinking about upgrading and get something a little more up to date. The Drivo is top of my list but, I was after feedback from others who owned them. Would it be noticeably different from my old Kickr? I've also read this review http://vikao.net/elite-drivo-smart-trainer-review/ which although gives it a very good overall, does raise a concern about the plastic casing. Is it a cheap finish? One of the things I liked about the Kickr was that it feels reassuringly well built. Any feedback from owners of the Drivo would be most welcome. Cheers, Tim

P.S One other feature I'm really keen for is for the trainer to be super responsive, ie no lag time when performing short sharp interval sessions on TR and being able to react straight away to attacks when racing on zwift.

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Timls wrote:
    I purchased one of the original Wahoo Kickrs back in late 2013 and have been thinking about upgrading and get something a little more up to date. The Drivo is top of my list but, I was after feedback from others who owned them. Would it be noticeably different from my old Kickr? I've also read this review http://vikao.net/elite-drivo-smart-trainer-review/ which although gives it a very good overall, does raise a concern about the plastic casing. Is it a cheap finish? One of the things I liked about the Kickr was that it feels reassuringly well built. Any feedback from owners of the Drivo would be most welcome. Cheers, Tim

P.S One other feature I'm really keen for is for the trainer to be super responsive, ie no lag time when performing short sharp interval sessions on TR and being able to react straight away to attacks when racing on zwift.

I've got the Kura, the next model down. The casing is of the same material and I can assure you it is robust. What the review goes on about is whether the white casing of the Drivo will become stained by chain oil flying around. Clean the thing and it shouldn't be a problem. The Kura is black, so isn't an issue.

I'd also take a look at Shane Miller's review as he rates the Drivo highly.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    The Drivo is good but is it sufficiently different from a Gen 1 Kickr? Not really. Save your money