Mudguards

nellsbellzz
nellsbellzz Posts: 61
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Hi all can any one recommend some mudguards for a specialized Tarmac sl4 for winter use :D

Comments

• tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    SKS Raceblade Pro XL
    New version, and very adjustable
    raceblade%20pro%20xl%20black.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
  • pfishuk
    pfishuk Posts: 20
    Second these raceblades - awesome and no rattle, hardly know they are there most of the time. Oh and dead easy to fit to boot!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The Raceblade Longs should also work. I run them on my Allez E5 and the geo is very similar. Great for group riding but the one flaw of both types is that they don't cover the brake bridge so loads of crap gets dumped there...which is not good for rim life. Still, clearance means that proper guards are not an option so there has to be some compromise (for example, the Cruds are as wobbly as jelly and tend to continually rub, particularly with 25s).
  • vince133
    vince133 Posts: 61
    I have the the SKS on a Specialized tarmac and would recommend. Just a point to consider the toe clearance on the tarmac is quite small. When I fitted my front guard I caught my foot on the guard when manouvering and the guard drags on the wheel which can make you lose your balance. Not too much of an issue if you are aware of it, but I wasn't.