Gotta tighten that nut.....

2»

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    well ... do they taste anything like black pudding ? ...... or is it a whole new "prawn cocktail" scandal
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Space invaders, not aliens. These in fact: http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/medias/s ... 187998.jpg
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Bag of McCoy's (any meat flavoured crisps will do) 2 slices of buttered bread, a little mayonnaise, Boom! You're welcome.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    I managed to abstain today but they'll be there when I'm back on Monday but I feel lardy in my cycle kit and since I've upped the miles and intensity it's easier to be strict especially when I'm spat out of the back on a club ride.

Boring but strict.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Staring at the bag of crisps on the table can be viewed as Penance for being a lardy 4rse. I'd eat them and go pedalling more.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Well, have you eaten them yet? We need to know.
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    Question should be though: crisps or Twiglets? I'm afraid the latter for me...

People who eat Twiglets are like Marmite. You either like... 8)

I'll take a big bag of Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli crisps, but only when they're on special at £1 and not £2.20 a bag.
  • solosuperia
    solosuperia Posts: 333
    Digressing a tad, but still in the realm of salty, crispy unhealthyness.
    Using Ritz biscuits that had been blasted to dust mixed with Gruyere cheese and a small amount of melted butter to help it stick together. Used it as a flan base. the same way you would use biscuits as a cheesecake base.
    Filled the flan/quiche with a mixture of cheese, egg, cream bacon and onion, stuck it in the oven.
    To die for.................
  • jeremy1
    jeremy1 Posts: 71
    fat daddy wrote:
    do they still make scampi fries ..... not even seen them in years ?

you obviously don't go shopping
  • slowmart
    Veronese68 wrote:

Just. I feel dirty and cheap as there wasn't even a hint of black pudding but the mustard tang came through
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I can take or leave crisps. Haribo is a different matter. Stuck in a mind-numbing meeting for 3 days last week in a hotel in Bratislava. The food was dreadful, but the tables were stocked with kilner jars full of various Haribo. Most people would take the odd one. I managed 7 entire jars in 3 days, and put on 3 pounds.

It's like crystal meth for me. And similarly disastrous for my teeth :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Slowmart wrote:
    Just. I feel dirty and cheap as there wasn't even a hint of black pudding but the mustard tang came through
    Whilst I feel bad for you it was vital research that you have undertaken for the greater good of the community at large. I even looked at our vending machine for the first time since it was installed to see if it had any, thankfully not.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Gromson wrote:
    People who eat Twiglets are like Marmite. You either like... 8)
    For the general benefit and elucidation of the assembly, I had occasion recently to sample Marmite flavoured popcorn.

No. Really, no.
  • Slowmart wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Have you thought of just taking an actual black pudding and some mustard to work? It would certainly taste better and probably has fewer calories.
  • slowmart
    It would be easier if I followed what my wife suggested in the first place and to have got a grip before winter......

Desmond Tutu
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No crisps today. But did have some rum and raisin fudge.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    No crisps today either, just some smoked mozzarella on a freshly picked advacado lightly grilled, junk food at its best :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,555
    i foresee tomatoes on toast, drizzled with olive oil with a side of cured lomo, and an espresso
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Forgot to mention I had a bag of Nik Naks 'nice and spicy' last week. Rib and saucy is my preferred flavour though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    The daddy of all crisps

raw-1326290072-595x417-resize.jpg