Different outer chainring possible?

zachdunning
zachdunning Posts: 39
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Hi, I have an FSA 110mm BCD Crankset but the outer chainring is now quite worn, would I be able to put a different manufacturers outer chainring on and still have the inner one?

Was going to go for a miche supertype chrono chainring.

Thanks

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    You can fit any other compatible chainring. Doesn't need to be FSA. The Supertype ring is expensive - any reason for that choice?
  • Imposter wrote:
    You can fit any other compatible chainring. Doesn't need to be FSA. The Supertype ring is expensive - any reason for that choice?

Cool, thanks.

Its the only aero chainring thats also 110mm BCD other than the rotor ones that are £100. Would you have any recommendations for a 50T outer chainring?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Stronglight also do aero rings afaik, but if I'm honest an aero ring would not be top of my priority list, unless I was going for the hour record, or something..
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Imposter wrote:
    Stronglight also do aero rings afaik, but if I'm honest an aero ring would not be top of my priority list, unless I was going for the hour record, or something..

Yep - it's a bit like worrying about which brand of diffuser to mount under your Model T Ford.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Imposter wrote:

Ok, thanks for the help. :D. I am still considering a normal chainring, any reccomendations? Cheers
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TA, Stronglight, anything from the main brands that meet your budget.

Remember sometimes that it's cheaper to replace the whole shebang than fit a new chainring: start at £33 at Planet X......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • TA, Stronglight, anything from the main brands that meet your budget.

Remember sometimes that it's cheaper to replace the whole shebang than fit a new chainring: start at £33 at Planet X......

Nice, cheers
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TA, Stronglight, anything from the main brands that meet your budget.

Nice, cheers

Pleasure - no probs at all.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.