Angle stem on edurance road bike

rajeevgopal
rajeevgopal Posts: 3
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi iam new to road biking. Curenly iam using scott hybrid bike with an adjustable stem of 25degree 100mm. I have some neck issues and back pain. So i narrowred down to an endurance road bike selected 1. Fuji sportiff 2.1 2. Cannondale synapse claris.

I am 5"11 and inseam is 86 so which frame size should i go for? Reading some forums i found that using and short angle stem will solve my issue to an extend. I need suggetions regarding the length and angle of the stem. Heard that if i use 90mm below the handle might get twitchy. All i want is an upright comfort posture on a road bike. Which bike should i go for fuji sportiff or cannondale synapse?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    If I had your issues I would just look for a decent bike fitter who could do a pre-sale bike fit session. There are a few good ones around and it would be worth travelling. Any advice you get here would be very subjective and difficult given that we do not know what you find comfortable/acceptable. There is also the factor that you may adapt over time...or you may not, and it is hard for us to work out what you mean by "upright" as many have a different view and your only reference is a hybrid.
  • I second the advice of Bobbinogs to get a fitting.
    The cost of changing bikes, or giving up altogether will be saved, by the cost of decent fitting. This will enable you to get the right fit from day 1 and maximise your enjoyment.

Whereabouts are you? - Perhaps people here can give you some recommendations for a good fitter in your area/ region.

Good luck,

David
  • Thanks frineds for your advice