Boardman FS team 2014

ade555
ade555 Posts: 216
edited March 2017 in MTB buying advice
Just quick question about the above bike, I'm going to have a look at one and just wonder if they still worth getting? also looking for geometry sheet but can't find it even on Boardman website, anyone know if the newer model have the same sort of sizing as the older one?

Thanks

Comments

• jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Here you are, go to the size guide tab.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/boardman-team-fs-650b-2014/

There are still some available new from Halfords for £600. You can see what stores have them on their site.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • ade555
    Thanks for that link, they not available, I'm looking at 2nd hand at the moment, anyone on here did ride one by any chance?
  • mark_fogel
    mark_fogel Posts: 158
    I own one, its really good!

I have upgraded almost everything on the bike as parts wore out.... the only original parts are the frame and rear shock.
    Not sure about sizing though, I am 6 foot and ride the 19" and it feels fine.
  • ade555
    Thanks Mark, can you remeber if yours have press fit BB or normal screw type one? Like hollowtech II ect.

Scrap that just answered my own question FSA MegaExo
  • jamski
    ade555 wrote:
    Thanks for that link, they not available, I'm looking at 2nd hand at the moment, anyone on here did ride one by any chance?

IS this list not correct then?

http://www.halfords.com/wcsstore/librar ... 592974.pdf
  • ade555
    jamski wrote:
    ade555 wrote:

On Halfords website says unavailable, I don't know where you got that list from so can't say if it is correct or not
  • jamski
    ade555 wrote:
    jamski wrote:
    ade555 wrote:

On Halfords website says unavailable, I don't know where you got that list from so can't say if it is correct or not

On their site. It says:

*LIMITED STOCKS AVAILABLE; LAST FEW REMAINING*
    Please note that some stores may only have display stock remaining.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -650b-2014
  • ade555
    I should have gone to specsavers lol, or I'm getting old, not sure which

Well bike is priced at £400 with replaced frame under warranty so what do you guys think? I like new stuff but is only new when you pay for it after that is 2nd hand as soon as payment is made.
  • ade555
    Well that didn't go well, seller wanted to meet in carpark, yeah right.
  • jamski
    ade555 wrote:
    Well that didn't go well, seller wanted to meet in carpark, yeah right.

Sounds dodgy. Looks no on eBay the other day, £400 sounded a bit cheap. If that's the bike you want, I'd try and find one of the new ones for £600.
  • ade555
    I manage to speak to seller today and we come to agrement after sorting few issues, So I went and picked up :D , first mtb with sram gears ect. but I do like it so far just not sure about the 42 chain ring on front with that FSA crank, few other bits to sort out. it had new frame/ chain/ rear Sram GX mech/ bottom bracket and new set of rubber.

p5pb14494406_zps7urdspw0.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Change the front brake hose routing asap.

I'd clip it onto one of the other cables so it's not sticking out and route it down the inside of the fork leg. That's an accident waiting to happen. The angle from the lever looks very weird in that picture.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ade555
    I do have few bits to sort it out and front brake hose is on top position, picture is how it was advertised, what do you mean about Lever looks weird?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just the angle the hose seems to be at, seems to be sticking out a bit, but might just be the hose is a bit long.

I'd clip it or cable tie it to the other cables to get it a bit out of the way.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ade555
    cooldad wrote:
    Just the angle the hose seems to be at, seems to be sticking out a bit, but might just be the hose is a bit long.

I'd clip it or cable tie it to the other cables to get it a bit out of the way.

Yes just had a look, hose is just correct lenght to be able to mount lever on handle bar with out taking front caliper out, looks odd but is not sticking out that much after I moved it inside the lower leg now and readjusted, will add little cable tie is well.
  • jamski
    I saw it a triple chainring? If you don't want/use the big ring and they're bolted together, just ditch the big one and add a bash guard. I've just done it, cost £30, a nice little change. Just re-index the front mech and away you go.

Glad you got it sorted, a good price, enjoy. :)
  • ade555
    jamski wrote:
    I saw it a triple chainring? If you don't want/use the big ring and they're bolted together, just ditch the big one and add a bash guard. I've just done it, cost £30, a nice little change. Just re-index the front mech and away you go.

Glad you got it sorted, a good price, enjoy. :)

That one is 2x10 so rings on front 27/42 they change this on newer down to 24/38, will see how I get on