Shimano RS11 vs Shimano RS330

ippon
ippon Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
My winter bike rear wheel/hub has seized.
I'm looking to spend around £100 on a replacement winter wheel set.
Evans have Shimano RS11 at £110, whilst PlanetX have Shimano RS330 at £120.
Can anyone please advise the pros and cons of one vs the other?
Cheers

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Looking at the specs I would say the RS330 are 6mm deeper and are 176g heavier and thats about it.

I have the RS-11's on my winter bike and they have been fine so far, they are not light but seem pretty bombproof which is a bonus as far as I am concerned. Only point I would mention is you will need to service the hubs and bearings regularly, but once every couple of months is fine.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The 330s just seem to be the RS30/31s updated with an extra spoke and a new decal. Both the RS11s and RS330s will be pretty much the same then, with one slightly deeper and heavier. I couldn't tell any aero benefit when riding the RS30s so I guess it comes down to personal choice on looks of a slightly deeper rim which comes with a minor weight penalty when compared to the RS11 (but neither option is light as such, and both wheelsets are functional rather than inspiring).
    I quite like cup/cones but some don't like maintaining hubs and instead prefer to swap out bearings. If this applies to the OP then the better option with cartridge bearings would be Fulcrum 7LG as they also offer some improved comfort due to rim width...but cost a little more.