Front brake hose routing

Uber_Pod
Uber_Pod Posts: 110
edited March 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Here's how I've got the front brake hose routed on my new bike.

I'm not overly happy with it, but it's at least out of the way of the wheel and anything I'm riding past.
I've done some searching but haven't found any obviously 'right' way of doing it.
Tying it to the top of the fork won't work, as that part moves separately to the bottom.

It did come with a tiny block to stick on somewhere. No instructions though, and the shape of the base of the block didn't seem to match any part of the fork.

It was delivered with the cable routed up behind the silver part of the fork and through the hole between the arch and the top of the fork (the space you can see the pedal in). That was resting against the tyre, so figured that would be a bad thing.

Is there a better way?

aKrsIO2.jpg

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    In front of the arch where you have it cable tied and then inside the leg to protect it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    You could try the hose cable guide made by M Part.i believe tredz do them for less than a tenner.mine run down the back of the fork using these.
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.