Cheshire Cat

myideal
myideal Posts: 231
Hi,

Is anyone doing this event? I've been thinking about it but I'm not sure. This would be my first one and I would be on my own. How do these things work? Is it mainly made up of riders who know each other? Do they offer support if your unlucky enough to get some mechanical that isn't so easy to fix?

Comments

• Hi

Yepp I'm doing the long route Cheshire Cat next weekend :D

The rider manual will tell you pretty much all you need to know prior to the event

http://velo29events.com/wp-content/pdf/ ... manual.pdf

There's usually a good mix of riders and abilities over the 3 distances. Some people ride in groups of friends, other groups form on the road with people wanting to ride a similar pace and of course some people ride solo.

Not sure if they have mechanical support on hand for this one, but people tend to stop and help out with punctures etc. if people are struggling.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Typically I'd ride with a mate but we have ridden separately when one of us isn't available. People split up and ride with small groups all of the time. Solo riders can join a group if the pace is good. I'd try and get small gang together to do some work if I can. That's a bit more fun than cycling alone the whole way.

If there's support be prepared to wait for it. Take inner tubes and a pump and levers and Allen keys nd you've covered off most things.

Enjoy.