Rapha MSR20 code

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited April 2017 in Road general
I've placed and received 2 orders for Core bundles which are already discounted using the above code which isn't supposed to be valid on already reduced produts and bundles and once only per customer.
Now initially I thought oooh lucky me but the more I think about it the more I think this is unlikely and that Rapha have done this on purpose to generate a bit more business ?
I have no probem with this of course as Core bundle for under £100 is a very good deal I just think it is unlikely that Rapha would not put something in place to stop the code being used on bundles as per the T&Cs on the emails.
So if you haven't used it give it a try soon just in case Rapha do put a stop to it (its due to expire Wednesday anyway).
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• mostly
    mostly Posts: 113
    I didn't think to try it and went for bibs only :/
  • galatzo
    mostly wrote:
    I didn't think to try it and went for bibs only :/

Return them free and reorder, it'll cost £101 icluding shipping for jersey bib bundle.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    Ordered 2 jerseys using the code. Still works out at over 100 quid each so not sure it's too much of a bargain but telling myself I just return the one I like least.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Rapha's codes have always worked best on their bundles. They let the code carry on but occasionally remove the bundle from sale instead.

It's notable that they've removed the archive store from there at the moment. So, yes, they have no issue with it
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • galatzo
    Rapha's codes have always worked best on their bundles. They let the code carry on but occasionally remove the bundle from sale instead.

It's notable that they've removed the archive store from there at the moment. So, yes, they have no issue with it

Yeah I went sniffing for the archive store and noticed it had gone.
    While I`m here I'll just say I'm impressed with the Core bibs and there's a good chance I'll keep both sets I ordered then I`m done for the summer......... Yeah right :D
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    You can find it, it's still there. But you have to google it. And the codes don't work on them. So I guess they take it off being visible to make it work properly.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • londoncommuter
    londoncommuter Posts: 1,550
    Apologies for the cheeky link (it is related) but if anyone is after a pair of the Pro Team bib shorts in XSmall then I'd listed a couple of brand new pairs here for just £100 (normally £190):

viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=13076680&p=20080780&hilit=rapha+pro+team#p20080780

I'm going to hang onto whichever pair doesn't go as they are lovely.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718

They took off the Pro Team base layer bundles just as I was about to buy one :x
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    Ordered my core bundle this morning, just before my Endura pac a jack turned up following another bikeradar deal link. Hanging around here is getting expensive
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    Just ordered. Steal.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Same here, Core Bundle for £96. I was considering some new bibs and a jersey, so this came at the right time.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • thorny88
    thorny88 Posts: 34
    Ordered a core bundle at the weekend after seeing this thread. Thank you for the heads up. My first foray into Rapha gear so hope it lives up to all the hype!
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Size guidance please - medium (both jersey and bibs) in castelli?
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    For size guidance, I'm a medium Castlelli. Rapha core bibs are a small and I have both an XS (long sleeve) and small shirt sleeve core jersey. I'm 5 foot 8 and just under 11 stone.
    The small jersey is a tad loose, but the XS short sleeve would be too tight with a base layer, weirdly the long sleeve is fine.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Cheers. Think I'm going to hold off. I don't really need another jersey atm and, well it's Rapha. Uncertain about making that leap just yet...
  • galatzo
    Dinyull wrote:
    Cheers. Think I'm going to hold off. I don't really need another jersey atm and, well it's Rapha. Uncertain about making that leap just yet...

90 day returns so just keep it in stock and think about it for a while
    My wardrobe is full of Rapha stock I was going to send back :lol:
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    So like others first foray into Rapha with this deal. Arrived today and jersey is faulty Rapha already has a new one on the way and my returns ticket ready to print. :(

Bibs and jersey do feel nice though, will have to wait for a ride in them.
  • I have just got the core rain bundle using Flanders 20 for £152.00
    Not bad for bids, short sleeve and rain jacket.
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s
  • mrb123
    Jerseys turned up today but both a bit big. Slightly surprised at the fit, even the pro team one is bigger than expected so will try medium instead.
  • mostly
    The barely snails pace of this delivery is putting me off rapha in the future. Must be taking advice from vulpine.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    edited March 2017
    mostly wrote:
    The barely snails pace of this delivery is putting me off rapha in the future. Must be taking advice from vulpine.

3-5 days free postage and an influx of code spongers. What do you expect?
  • thegreatdivide
    double post!
  • mrb123
    Code is now Flanders20 by the way for anyone who hasn't entered the competition.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    My delivery and comms from Rapha was pretty good. Ordered on the Sunday using the MSR Code, email on Monday to say it had been despatched. Checked the link and could see it was in the Royal Mail Sorting Office, then delivered on the Wednesday.
    I just went with the usual free delivery method as I have always experienced pretty good deliveries with Rapha.
  • mostly
    mostly wrote:

3-5 days free postage and an influx of code spongers. What do you expect?

I paid for postage and ordered last Thursday :| Non bundle etc etc.
  • Just gone back to order another bundle, sneaky sods have put the bundle price up, with discount now £175.00 not £152.00
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s
  • thegreatdivide
    Just gone back to order another bundle, sneaky sods have put the bundle price up, with discount now £175.00 not £152.00

Pot/Kettle