Garmin Edge 1000 Predecessor?

AircraftHandler1979
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
Morning all,

Waiting in anticipation for the updated version of the Edge 1000.

Anyone have any info on when this will be hitting the streets?

Regards

Comments

• teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Due to be launched at Sea Otter, 3rd week of April.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    The predecessor was the Edge 800, or was it the 810?
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    Alex222 wrote:
    810... As for the successor, we can be nearly certain that it'll come with a boatload of bugs and they'll take a minimum of six months to get sorted :mrgreen:
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Alex222 wrote:
    810... As for the successor, we can be nearly certain that it'll come with a boatload of bugs and they'll take a minimum of six months to get sorted :mrgreen:

And every Edge device that went before it will suffer for it.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I don't think there was really a predecessor- there's been the 200, 500 and 800 series and the 1000 was a new series: larger format mostly.

Like others, I would steer well clear of any new 1000 for 6-12 months.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • StillGoing
    I've been a staunch Garmin supporter for years, but they really have gotten on my tits lately with their firmware updates that only create more problems. So much I've shipped out and gone to Wahoo. My original 705 was great. My 810 was initially great until the 520 appeared with Strava segments and buggered everything up. The 820 has been ok, but the new 1100 is sure to cock everything up.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Bumping this as so far Garmin have been very quiet, don't suppose anyone's out at Sea Otter? It started yesterday but nothing from Garmin so far on a 1000 successor (or predecessor even).
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    I've been a staunch Garmin supporter for years, but they really have gotten on my tits lately with their firmware updates that only create more problems. So much I've shipped out and gone to Wahoo.

This. Haven't looked back. Won't be going back!! Elemnt (Bolt in my case) just works. And works well.
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Still no news.

My 1000 is rock solid, but I'm a sucker for new tech.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • StillGoing
    munkster wrote:
    I've been a staunch Garmin supporter for years, but they really have gotten on my tits lately with their firmware updates that only create more problems. So much I've shipped out and gone to Wahoo.

This. Haven't looked back. Won't be going back!! Elemnt (Bolt in my case) just works. And works well.

And in the end I could take Garmin's woes no longer and went for the Wahoo Element. Leap years ahead of Garmin in so many ways, even down to the packaging.