Long sleeve (Thermal) jersey

rs1975
rs1975 Posts: 7
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
I need to buy some jersey for these days, for temperature about 10-15°C.

What is better choise:

http://www.wiggle.com/dhb-classic-rouba ... ey-marl-1/

http://www.wiggle.com/sportful-force-thermal-jersey/

Maybe something else for this price range?

Comments

• dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    You must run cold, 10-15 degrees is a fairly high temperature to be using a thermal jersey. Just a standard long sleeve jersey with a baselayer does me at this time of year.

Unless you don't wear a baselayer of course...
  • The Wiggle one is great (I have a different design) - probably suitable for the colder end of your range but you'll be too warm at 15 degrees unless you run hot.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Shame you didn't ask 2 weeks ago when those Chapeau ones were 40 quid. Back up to 100 now.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    For those kind of temperatures why not consider a normal jersey plus one of those Craft windstopper base layers plus some arm warmers.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think you may have your temperatures wrong ?

But if you're after a LS Thermal - go for one of the DHB tops from Wiggle. Just not the tarmac coloured one. You're trying not to get run over by dozy drivers - not disappearing from view.
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    10-15°C is the summer here :lol:

I'm already in short sleeves & dispensing with the base layer by 6°C, but we're all different. What about something like an Endura FS260 Jetstream (they are on clearance at CRC just now for under £30 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endu ... -prod91322 & I see also at Wiggle (not shocking given they're the same company now)
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    cougie wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. I bought the Sportful one just recently. Used it about 6 times in the last week or two. I'd say it's good for 6°c (with base layer) to 11°c – roughly. Its surface is bobbling a bit in a few places. Otherwise it's fine, good.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Merlin had the Craft WS baselayers for good prices circa £25 week before last. Mind you, I get a lot of use out of a thermal jersey, a fave of mine was a Castelli Velocissimo, very breathable and the close weave finish kept some wind off as well. Now regularly using a Castelli Potenza thermal jersey/fleece jacket, with and without the WS base.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Its not so much the cold at the moment more the wind so as above a wind proof layer will help loads, I was out in my perfetto short sleeve an some Roubaix bib shorts, I was pretty toasty to be fair, binned off the arm warmers early on.
  • rs1975
    ben----- wrote:
    cougie wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. I bought the Sportful one just recently. Used it about 6 times in the last week or two. I'd say it's good for 6°c (with base layer) to 11°c – roughly. Its surface is bobbling a bit in a few places. Otherwise it's fine, good.

I am from Slovenia. I don`t know, but If you ride somewhere near the Alps the temp 10-15 is not so warm. Or maybe I am just a freezable guy... :oops:

I will take some DHB jersey. I like the style of DHB, it is more classic.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    No, it's OK, I live in Switzerland and agree with you regarding temperatures. It's just that the Brits are crazy.

10-15 degC is the perfect temperature range for a LS roubaix jersey in my opinion. I have the DHB Aeron roubaix jersey and it is very good.
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    I just got this. Took note of comments on sizing and got the XXL (I am normally L/M 184cm, 78kg). Feels great!

https://www.mantel.com/uk/search/?q=biemme+windstopper
  • rs1975
    I am 180cm/78kg. On size chart I should take L.
  • Thick Mike
    There were lots of complaints about them sizing up two sizes small. I think the XXL will be ok
  • Thick Mike
    Ah! Only M in stock...might be other colours?
  • cougie
    Bliddy europeans with their temperatures that go over 20 degrees in the summer. Grrr.
  • rs1975
    Thick Mike wrote:
    There were lots of complaints about them sizing up two sizes small. I think the XXL will be ok

Hm, really? Now I am confused about taking the right size. I thought that DHB has normal size...normally I wear L...
  • cougie
    Dhb sizes are normal. I think he's talking about Biemme?
  • Thick Mike
    cougie wrote:
    Dhb sizes are normal. I think he's talking about Biemme?

Yes, I was talking about Biemme.